Chapter 28 *Jack*

Chapter 28

*Jack’s POV*

Niall pulled me out of the tattoo parlor and into his car. “What’s the rush babe?” I asked as he was pulling out. “Nando’s closes in 10 minutes and I need food.” He said. I didn’t protest. After all, Nando’s is delicious.

We got into the drive-thru and the lady asked us for our order. I told Niall what I wanted: a chicken wrap, chips, and mango sorbet. He ordered the same thing. I pulled out my wallet but Niall slapped my hand, causing me to drop it. I cursed under my breath and he raised one eyebrow at me. “Yeah that’s right. I just said that.” I handed him 20 euros and he put it in his back pocket. “What the heck?” I exclaimed. He pulled the bill out, paid the cashier with his own money, then gave me my money back. “Why couldn’t I just pay for my own food? I owe you, like, a lot.” I muttered coldly. He pecked me on the cheek and the guy at the next window saw. I blushed and looked down at my frilly skirt. It was actually quite interesting; a purple layered skirt with a few different colors here and there and covered in sparkles and lace. Very frilly.

“Aw, is my little Jack-a-lyn embarrassed?” he spaced out my name, causing me to giggle. “You’re a dork, Horan,” I teased. “My dork.” I added, taking his left hand off the steering wheel and holding it in mine. Our fingers were immediately tangled out of habit, it was just something we always do.

“You’re so cute,” Niall said. I blushed once more and kissed his hand. “You’re cuter.” I argued playfully. Then it turned into a war over who was cuter. We sounded like 12 year olds who didn’t even know the concept of boyfriend-girlfriend. “You will always be cuter.” Niall said finally. I pecked him on the cheek as we pulled into the driveway. He helped me out and carried the food into the flat. We were at Niall’s flat, as Alison and Liam were at ours. That might be a little awkward, considering they don’t know we’re dating so we couldn’t act like boyfriend and girlfriend.

We sat down and began scarfing down the food, having already eaten our sorbet so it didn’t melt. After 5 minutes, we had eaten all the food. And we were still hungry. So we decided just to go to a restaurant and order as much food as we can, and see who can eat the most, like and eating contest.

And knowing us, you know what kind of restaurant we picked.

We picked the fanciest restaurant in town.

We came in and the hostess sat us down and took our drink orders. “So, how much should we get?” I asked, looking at one of the fancy menus. “I don’t know, but there is an endless pasta and salad. We could just keep all of the dishes and see who wins.” He shrugged. “Ok, and every time we get more food we have to get pasta and salad, not just one or the other,” I added. “Oh, it’s on babe.” Niall challenged. I just laughed and began ordering.

When our food arrived, it was go time. I immediately picked up the bowl of soup and drank it, as Niall went for the salad first. After I drank the soup, I chopped my salad up into small pieces so I could fit more in my mouth. We finished at the same time and the waiter came back. “More!” we said in unison. The waiter brought us each back two soups and two salads. We finished those in a hurry.

“Oh god, I hope I don’t get sick from eating too fast.” I whined, spooning soup into my mouth. “It’s just who can eat the most, not the fastest.” Niall reminded. “Bring it on!” I said, eating extremely slow. After I finished that bowl and salad, I flagged down a waitress who brought me more, Niall having flagged one down a few minutes ago. I was eating as slow as possible, making Niall angry. “That’s not what I meant,” he chuckled. I giggled and continued eating at the same pace as before, never quickening.

It took me 20 minutes to finish it and I did that with the next 5 bowls of soup. After that, I was very, very full. “Ok Niall, it’s a tie.” I sighed, looking at his pile of bowls and salad plates. “Just kidding!” I yelled, pulling out another bowl and plate from under the table. His eyes widened and he looked at me in shock. “But –how –di –I –wha?” he stuttered. I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him a smug smile. “Don’t worry babe, I’ll buy you some ice cream.” He put his head down and began pouting.

We got the bill and after Niall paid—I know, he wouldn’t let me pay—we left and I took Niall to get some ice cream as I had promised. We both ordered hot fudge sundaes and sat at a booth to eat them.

“I wonder what those people thought. I wish we could’ve read their minds!” I giggled, eating the semi-melted ice cream. “I know! Did you see the look on the waitress’ face? I died!” he commented. “We should do this again.” I said on a softer note. He smiled a bright smile at me, his ocean orbs sparkling with his smile. I returned the smile, doing my best to make it as beautiful as his.

We finished the delicious treat and got back in the car. “What’s next?” he asked, starting up the car. “Well, your flat is really big, so what about hide-and-go-seek?” I sounded like a 5 year old, but it was true: I wanted to play hide-and-go-seek in his house. “You read my mind.” He pulled out of the parking spot and drove back to his flat.

We set our things down and played rock/paper/scissors to see who would be the seeker. Niall lost, having rock and me having paper that covered his rock. I screamed in victory and immediately went to find a place to hide.

I went down a dark hallway, quietly opening the first door on the left. I slid in and shut the door. I turned on my phone for light and examined the room. There were pictures on the wall of a family. I mum, dad, brother, and a small brunette boy: Niall. So that could only mean this is Niall’s room.

I kept scanning the room, looking at the pictures on the wall. There were many of One Direction, and even some more recent ones with us. He had a Michael Buble poster that made me completely jealous and he had Justin Bieber’s “Believe” album on the bedside table. I was quite fond of the album so I picked it up.

I did see on thing that surprised me. It was a poor drawing I had made of us holding hands on a mountain-cliff-ocean-field thing and Izzy (our dog) barking at our feet. Why would he hang up my terrible drawing? I was an awful artist and that picture was terrible.

Suddenly, being the klutz I am, I dropped my phone, causing a loud bang. The door slowly creaked open to reveal Niall. I ran to him and hugged him. “Thank you,” I said into his shoulder.

“Thank you? For what?” he asked, taking my shoulders and pushing me back a little to meet his eyes. I ran over to the picture and pointed. “You hung it up.”

“Of course I did! Why wouldn’t I?” confusion filled his voice. “Because it’s awful!” I said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. He just laughed.

“Come here Jacklyn.” He engulfed me in a hug. After that, we went to the living room and began attempting truth or dare, but I got sleepy so Niall and I laid on the couch. He began singing softly, causing my eyelids to get heavy.

“Thank you, Niall.” I said, then drifted off to sleep.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Ultimate Gift!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hellooo everybody! Sydney and Cari here....again....

U guys did that so fast! Thank you!!

Can we get 7 this time? If not, there may be one late tomorrow or Friday morning (hopefully).....

Fact Time :{D

Cari: It's hard to wake me up

Sydney: I am not a morning person

Pewdiepie,

Cari :{D and Sydney♪♫