Chapter 22 *Jack*

Chapter 22

*Jack’s POV*

I woke up on someone’s shoulder as the familiar scent of “Armani Mania” filled my nose. I stretched and yawned, not realizing that the person next to me was Niall. His chest rose and fell with even breaths. He looked so cute when he was sleeping. I would definitely be ok with being his girlfriend. And even when I told him I like him, he didn’t act awkward about it. He was totally cool, another good trait to him.

He woke up too. “Hey Jacklyn, what time is it?” Niall asked, his groggy morning voice making my heart skip a beat. “Right at noon. Why?” I was suddenly intrigued. “I want you to meet someone today. They want me to meet them at one and the café down the street. Can you be ready by then?” I nodded. I then went and took one of those five minute showers and put on some clothes. I figured it was just a friend he had met in London, so I threw on a short sundress that had colorful swirls on it, neon blue leggings, neon purple ballet flats, and I put my hair in a cute fishbone braid to the side. I also put in a neon blue and purple flower that had a rhinestone in the middle.

When I came downstairs, Niall was all dressed and ready. I bet he went back to his flat to change and stuff……

“You ready?” he asked. I nodded and grabbed a sparkly clutch that contained my wallet, keys, and mobile. We got out to Niall’s car where he opened the door for me. I smiled kindly and his eyes sparkled. I wondered it mine did too.

When we arrived at the café down the street (it was raining so we couldn’t walk), Niall led me in. He looked around for a while until someone waved at him. “That’s her!” he said excitedly. She motioned for us to come over and we did.

“Hey, I’m Becca! Niall has told me so much about you!” I shook her hand politely and sat across from her. Niall filled the seat next to her as she playfully kissed him on the cheek. “I just, can’t even! You are so much prettier in person.” She said. She seemed very perky and it got on my nerves.

When the waiter came to take our order, I was glad that I would get away from Perky Paulie’s obnoxious voice while he talked. I was also glad that I was one step closer to getting my food.

I pulled on the waiter’s collar. When he leaned down, I whispered something in his ear and slipped him 10 euros. I got a few confused expressions from the other two. “He’s just a friend. I owed him 10 euros.” I explained. I don’t think they bought it, but they started up another conversation.

I leaned back in the booth and pulled out my iPhone 5, Belle, and started texting Alison, who was at the movies with Isabelle. She texts during the movie, even when you’re told to turn your phone off. I don’t think Niall and Becca even realized I was there. If I left, they probably wouldn’t notice.

Our food showed up and I became excited. Becca had ordered fried chicken. So what did I do? When I whispered to the waiter, I asked him to make sure that her chicken was battered in only chili powder. I knew she was a love interest to Niall and I was jealous. I’m usually not like this, but it kills me that they like each other.

She took a bite and didn’t seem to react at first. Actually, she never really reacted. I cleared my throat then said, “Um, I heard the chicken here was really spicy. How’s yours?” I asked. “I’m from Mexican heritage so I can eat a ghost pepper and the only thing that happens is my eyes water,” she shrugged. I mentally face-palmed as I looked down at my plate. Crap. Of course she is immune to everything! Even if I try to prank her it will always blow up in my face, like losing 10 euros. I started eating while Niall and Ms. Mexican Heritage kept talking.

I was pretty annoyed with Perky Pollie, so I decided I had to go to the bathroom. “Uh, I have to go to the ladies’ room. Would you excuse me?” Without answer, I scooted out of my booth and headed to the bathroom with my clutch. All the makeup I had on today was concealer, mascara, and foundation—which I always kept extra of in my clutch—so I washed my face with cold water and reapplied my makeup, taking my sweet time. When I came back, Becca excused herself to the bathroom.

“Sooo,” Niall said. He shimmied his body with the words, making me giggle slightly. I did the same back saying, “Sooo…?” He laughed also. “What do you think of her?” he asked. I hated lying to him but obviously he likes her and I just can’t lie to him.

“Uh, she’s nice. She’s a little too perky for my taste though.” I shrugged. “Well, you are one of my best friends and I want you to approve of her because I kinda wanna ask her out,” he said. The word “friends” stung but I shook it off. “I don’t think she’s right for you,” I admitted. It was probably just my jealousy talking though. “And I don’t lie.” I reminded. He nodded. “Do you think I should ask her out?” he asked hopefully. “Do whatever your heart tells you.” I said. “Thanks J, you’re great.” He squeezed my shoulder and I rolled my eyes playfully.

“Well, my mom texted while I was in the loo and I’m supposed to go home, so bye Niall and Niall’s friend!” she said as she pecked Niall and walked out again. She didn’t even remember my name! It’s Jack for Pete’s sake can’t someone remember on simple and common name.

Niall stared at her dreamily as she walked off and I just rolled my eyes. I pulled a small glucose meter out of my clutch and Niall raised one eyebrow. “What’s that?” he asked. “It’s a glucose meter. I’ve had diabetes since I was 5.” I explained as I worked the device and tested my glucose, which I was supposed to do after every meal. I usually do it in the bathroom where nobody can see but I had already excused myself once. My level was just right—which was good, I’m a tea drinker so it’s usually high and I have to take pills and that stinks—so I put the meter away.

“Stop staring at me, ya creeper!” I said to a staring Niall. “I’m sorry. I just don’t know many people our age with diabetes.” He admitted. It wasn’t very common but it runs in my family. “But my diabetes doesn’t define me. Promise me you won’t treat me different since I have diabetes. People always think that diabetes makes you different but it doesn’t. I especially don’t want it to. As you can tell I don’t like much attention,” I told him. “That was deep.” He answered, chuckling slightly. I cracked a bit of a smile. “Don’t tell the boys either. The only people other than my family and you that know are Alfie and Isabelle. Isabelle found out and Alison didn’t know until we moved in with each other about 7 months ago.” I urged him. “I won’t tell. I promise.” He put a hand over his heart, making me giggle. What am I gonna do with him?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Ultimate Gift!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hellooo everybody! Sydney and Cari here!

It is raining. It's flooded too. Swimming Party!!

Is it raining where you're at too? We wunna know in the comments!!

Fact Time :{D

Cari: I have no current medical problems but cancer does run in my family.

Sydney: I don't have any current medical problems (I don't have diabetes but remember that Jack does) and the only things that run in my family are bad backs, knees, and hips.

Embrace your inner fangirl,

Cari :{D (<-- we found Pierre) and Sydney♪♫

PS How many of you ship Jack and Ed #Edlyn? Jack and Niall #Niallyn? Alfie and Liam #Liason? Comment below!!

PPS I love the gif to the side! I can't stop laughin!!!