Chapter 12 *Jack*

Chapter 12

*Jack’s POV*

Now that Liam and Alison had left, it was time for us to figure out something to do. I don’t do much. Normally I work on my studies, writing (one of my favorite past times), and music. Then it hit me.

“Niall,” I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes. “Will you please help me pick out a song for the talent show on Saturday? Alfie and I are entering but we don’t have a song.” He looked shocked.

“I thought you said you were too shy to get up and sing in front of a crowd,” he said and I giggled. “I changed my mind. Now help me please!”

We went to my bedroom in the flat, which contained all my musical instruments. I had 4 different kinds of saxophones, a guitar, a keyboard (a real piano won’t fit), a microphone and amp, a trumpet that was my father’s, a drum set that Alfie and I share, and a xylophone.

“Woah.” Niall said, obviously impressed. “Thanks, I don’t know I how I fit this all in here though.” I smiled warmly and he returned it.

I sat down at the keyboard and started playing the piano part to Titanium by David Guetta and Ft. Sia. I couldn’t help myself: I love that song.

As I started to sing, he picked up my guitar and started strumming too.

You shout it out, but I can’t hear a word you say.

I’m talking loud, not sayin’ much.

I’m criticized while all your bullets ricochet,

Shoot me down but I get up.

As the familiar melody started flowing, it became easier and easier to play with the guitar.

I am Titanium

I nailed the high note, then stopped. My heart was racing and my heart was beating irregularly. My palms were sweaty and I was blushing so hard. I looked down at my hands, hoping he didn’t notice.

 “Wow. You are so amazing. How is it that you’re not famous yet?” he asked and I just shook my head. “I’m terrible. Alfie is so much better than me. She is so talented, much more than I could ever be.” I gushed and it was his turn to shake his head.

“I won’t believe that. You are fantastic. Have you ever considered submitting a video to a record label?” he question and I shook my head. Only a crazy person would. And, I am very skeptical on some things and I would only submit my work to one person—Simon Cowell.

“Would you mind if I took a video of you singing and show it to my boss?” His boss? Who would that be?

“Who is your boss?” I asked. “Mr. Simon Cowell, or, to us, Uncle Simon.” My eyes opened wide in shock that he would do this for me. “No, I can’t,” I said and his look changed from sheer happiness to confusion and his big smile faltered. “Why not?”

“I can’t do this without Alfie. She is everything to me and I’m sure she would want to be included in this too. She can’t be looked over.” I stated. He nodded knowingly. “Well why not both of you then? I can give him one of both of you,” he sounded so hopeful and his green-blue eyes were pleading. “Ok, fine.” I finally gave in. I hesitated momentarily, but when he hugged me, I hugged back.

“So whatever song we do for Mr. Cowell we could sing for the talent show too right?” I hoped he would say yes. “Of course!  I think that would be great!” he exclaimed and hugged me again.

We looked at many songs in search for the right one. We searched for 2 hours but not one stuck out.

“You should do Titanium.” Niall said completely out of the blue. “I think we could pull that off.” I sounded so unsure of myself and he took my hand in his. “You will do fine, I promise.” He said sweetly and I believed him.

We spent another couple of hours working on the piano part and Alfie’s drum part. Niall decided he wanted to play guitar for us. “It’ll make it sound fuller.” He assured and I agreed after a bit of arguing. I didn’t want to take up his time. He didn’t get much free time so taking up a Saturday night of his was so selfish of me, but he insisted. He was a very persuasive lad, I must say, but that may have been because getting lost in his eyes was so easy and it made me so vulnerable.

We practiced a lot and after we got tired, we decided we would go out to dinner. “Put on something nice while I go back to my flat to change.” He said and I did as I was told.

I slipped on a vintage floral print sundress, white leggings, hot pink ballet flats, and I wore my long, curly chocolate brown hair with two strands waterfall-braided back into a knot on my head. I also grabbed a lime green and sparkly clutch to put my phone and some money in.

As soon as I finished, our doorbell rang and behind it stood a very handsome Niall. “Shall we go?” he held out his arm to me and I gladly took it. It was going to be a good night, I just knew it.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Ultimate Gift!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hellooo everybody! Sydney and Cari here! This note is short btw!

Fact Time:)

Cari: My fave food is chocolate

Sydney: My fave food is anything chicken

Pickles and Ice Cream,

Cari :{D (<-- Pierre) and Sydney♪♫