Knowing there is a Always and Always

A Day Later:

Josh wheeled me over in a wheelchair to the twins. I looked at them beyond the glass.

"They look so beautiful." Was all I could say, tears were running down my face.

"Yeah, just like you." Josh stated, I smiled.

"I'm sorry for blowing up on you yesterday." I apologized.

"Clary, you were giving birth to two babies, I don't blame you for getting mad at me or anyone around you for that matter." I was so happy he was so understanding.

He leaned down and at first I thought he was going to kiss me, but he went down on one knee and pulled out a black box. I then knew what he was doing and I gasped.

"Clary I know we haven't dated that long, but we basically grew up together, I know you in and out. I sometimes think I know you better than you know yourself...I wake up every morning before you do and stare at you, not in a creepy stalker way, but in the kind of way that I am afraid if I look away you'll disappear." More tears started to fall down my face. "I am in love with you Clary, I always have been. Growing up I realized it and I was scared, but after our separation so to say of five years I learned that you are like a drug to me.

"When you're not around I can't think of anyone but you...Now we have twins together and Clary, I'm so happy. And as I kneel here in front of you today I have one request that will make me even happier, is if you'll do me the honor of marrying me." His eyes were so sincere looking up at me. I paused, but I already knew my answer.

"You're a fool, Josh Vinak, for loving someone like me. I'm a runner, and when things get tough and confusing, I run." He looked down at the ground. "But when you came to my house all mad that I didn't tell you about the twins, I realized later that running is not a mature way to live life. I need to do what's right and man up. I need to say what's on my mind and not think twice about the mistakes it might lead to...-" Josh got up, still not looking at me.

"I see." He started to walk away.

"Where the hell are you going?" I asked.

"I can see where your conversation is going, you don't want to marry me." He still refused to look at me.

"When did I say that?"

"You didn't have to."

"Josh, either get on one knee and put that damn ring on my finger or tell the gang to come out from behind the corner." I said.

"What?" He said in a shocked tone of voice.

"I think you heard me. Do I need to repeat myself? EITHER, Put. The. Ring. On. My. Ring. Finger. Or-" Josh smiled and knelt down on the ground.

"Clary are you sure you want to marry me?" He asked.

"Yes!" I yelled. And he smiled so happily as he slid the simple silver ring on my finger. I smiled and I heard clapping from behind me, Josh turned my chair and I saw the whole gang, plus a girl that look very familiar...Willow.

Everyone walked over to us and congratulated us one the engagement and twins.

"Congrats big bro." Willow said. Josh smiled. Then she turned to me.

"So you are the Clary he can't stop talking about...hey you look familiar."

"We talked when you were in the hospital because your dad was dying." She stiffened, and then nodded.

"Oh, yeah. Great meeting you again." Willow looked at Josh. "I approve of her, she's a good girl, don't screw it up bro." Say Willow as she playfully ruins his hair, I smiled.