The Reason I Hate You

Chapter 4: The Reason I Hated You

Please Review!

I knew I wouldn't hear the last of Josh, but I avoided him anyways. I rushed to my 1st period class, not going down any halls he would be on. I got to class without any bump-ins with him. I had a feeling that if I bumped into him, he would say he's sorry or that he would make me explain what I meant. Everyone came in and sat down. I paid no attention to anyone.
As the teacher began her lesson on how the bubonic plague started, I tuned her out. I stared at my notebook, and found myself doodling odd shapes and things. I dreaded leaving class. I hoped that Sarah or Wren didn't hear all of the conversation I had with Josh. If so, Sarah would probably hunt me down and give me a non-needed hug. She gives hugs at times I really don't want them...

"Clary?" I turned to the side of me and saw Wren. I glanced at him with a cold look, then went back to staring at my notebook. I was in no mood to talk. I kept thinking of what a mistake it was to open my mouth and tell Josh how I felt. I mean, I bet him and I would never talk again. That was how it was in the past...Nothing's truly changed.

"Clary?" Wren asked again.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked in a very cold voice.

"Class is over." I looked up, and sure enough everyone was gone and a few students were walking in. I gathered all my things and walked out, not even thanking or looking at Wren. My eyes were glued to the floor, maybe no one would notice me this way. No one did, I thanked G-d in my head once I walked into 2nd period, that no one confronted me. I sat down as soon as the intercom came on.

"Mrs. Wilson?" The office lady asked my teacher.

"Yes."

"Do you have Clary Webster?" The teacher scanned the room and stopped when she saw me.

"Yes."

"She's needed in the office for dismissal."

"She's on her way." I stood up and left for the office, not looking at anyone as I passed by. I entered the office and saw Josh leaning on the office counter. Dad must have gotten him to check me out. I wondered what was going on.

"Ready?" He asked me. I didn't look him in the eyes, but nodded. We walked out silently, the thought of looking at him intrigued and repelled me. I wondered if he was mad at me, or confused about what I said earlier, I so didn't want to talk.

PLEASE, don't talk...PLEASE!

"Clary?" By now we were in his car, I was looking down at my pants. "I'm sorry." He said.

"Why did you check me out of school?"

"I needed to talk to you."

"Josh, go to hell." I got out of the car. He ran out and grabbed me by the arm.

"Clary, don't be like this. I'm trying to talk to you, come on."

"Josh, I don't want to talk. I want to get to class."

"And do what? Stare at your desk and contemplate on how to avoid me. You know you were."

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked a little sharply.

"Where to go from here." He asked, more to himself than to me.

"Well, let's see, I kinda like the idea of you leave me alone and I leave you alone."

"You know you don't want that, because like you said earlier, you started this so we could talk."

"That was 3 years ago," I said trying to get out of his grip.