I AM Clary Webster

Chapter 17: I AM Clary Webster

I got up and stared at the wall in front of me.

Clary don't think, you'll end up thinking of him.

Josh.

No, stop thinking about him.

Josh.

No, get out of my head.

Josh.

I said No!

Josh.

The voice in my head started chanting his name. I inhaled and exhaled, then realized my iPod was in my pocket. I pulled it out and started to play a random song.

I noticed it was Missy Higgins, Where I Stood:

I don't know what I've done
Or if I like what I've begun
But something told me to run
And honey you know me it's all or none

There were sounds in my head
Little voices whispering
That I should go and this should end
Oh and I found myself listening

'Cos I don't know who I am, who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you
All I know is that I should.

I turned it off when I realized it sounded too much like my situation.

Damn it, I couldn't even listen to my music!

Finally I got to room 411.

I walked in silently, I was a little happy when I saw mom looking peaceful. I sat down on the navy blue couch in the corner of the room. I glanced at her…she did look like me. We had the same nose and hair. My face was kind of shaped like hers, I smiled while thinking of my mom.

Man I might not know her that well, but I love her. I felt…connected in a way. I mean, you know that connection you feel with your mom or dad...It's like they're a part of you, but...but pretty soon she will be...

NO! She is going to live! She has too!

But she's on life support.

People have pulled through!

But, I mean, you saw her. She, she's...Omigosh she's going to die.

No!

Yes!...Maybe!

I can't believe it!

I can't either!

Both the negative and positive side of me finally agreed.

I wrapped my hands around my legs and pulled them to my chest. I knew no one was going to come in soon, so I let it all out...I let the tears cover my face...

Why did I leave him without talking to him?

STOP THINKING OF HIM!

No!...

...

Plus my mom…

DAMN IT SHE'S DYING!

I watched her breath in and out.

She has life in her, yet she's dying.

...

Why me?

Why now?

Why did she leave?

Does she actually care about me?

She could have called, and at least talked to me.

But NO, that was too much work!

Then I realized, this is how Josh feels.

I ran from him without a word and I didn't call.

Man, he must think I'm a jerk. I guess in a way I was. I shouldn't have left, but then I wouldn't have seen my mom.

I can't let her die alone.

I heard someone running down the hall.

"SIR! Visiting hours are over!" A nurse, I am guessing, yelled.

"I am not a visitor, I am family!" Then the door to the room came bursting open. I looked and saw a man about 6'4 come walking in. He had dark spiky hair, and from here I could see his icy blue eyes. I noticed I was staring at him, when he looked at me. I turned and blushed.

"Who are you?" He said in a cruel voice.

"I am her daughter, who are you?"

"You are not her daughter, get out." He said.

"Yes I am."

"Whats your name?"

"Whats yours?" I mocked, he didn't seem to find it funny, instead he gave me this mean look.

"See, you didn't even do your homework on her, you have no idea who her daughter is." He said looking at me.

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea who you are, so I'm afraid you need to get out." I said to him.

"Who is it this time? Hummm, Pears? Farns? Beallo? Vinak? Loas?-"

"Vinak?" That was Josh's last name...

"So it's him your working for. I should have known."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, you don't know the fact that Mr. Vinak, your boss has been trying to buy Webster's Diner for the past 6 years?"

"Wait...What?"

Mr. Vinak?

Diner?

"Clary!" I looked behind this crazy guy and saw Owen.

"Owen!" I walked over to him and embraced him in a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"My meeting is done with and I seem to not be able to stay away from you."

"I'm calling security to get both of you out of this room and off the property." The guy behind me said.

"I'm her daughter, I am not who you think I am."

"He works for Vinak, who is to say you don't too?"

"Because I'm her damn daughter and she's dying right now. I haven't seen her in 14 years...so unless you can prove who you are GET THE HELL OUT and don't you EVER, EVER say I am not her daughter! I am Clary Webster, born October 15, 1995, My dad's name is Robert Webster born May 19, 1968. I live in Memphis Tennessee where I was born and raised. I have a...," I stopped, thinking of how I didn't have a brother. "I have a best friend. She was born in Canada then moved to Memphis, at which time we became friends. I go to West Point High...So Mr. I-have-no-idea-who-you-are, YOU, get out and leave the property, because I'm done with all this bull." The guy looked at me shocked, but then he walked out without a word.

It's safe to say Clary let out some steam she very much-needed to...

Please Review and tell me what y'all think!

Thank You SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO, much to Kyeire, you ROCK!...She my editor, for y'all that don't know.