Drunk and Gray Eyes

Chapter 28

"Soo, its-" Josh began to say before he ran for a stall. I sighed. What had he done to himself? He used to hate drinking and being around drunks. When he got done, he came out of the stall barely able to stand.

He suddenly plopped down on the floor. I picked through his pocket and found his wallet. I opened it and found his address on his I.D. I just needed to find a way to get him up and home.

"Okay Josh, time to get up." I said trying to lift him up, but he wouldn't move.

"Josh. Get. Up. Now!" He slowly looked up at me and smiled.

"Beauuutiful, coome doown herrre w-with mmme." He said.

"No and I'm not going to ask you again, Josh, get up off this dirty bathroom floor."

"No." He said in a stubborn child voice.

"Now!"

"You caann-t-t make me-e beeaautifuul."

"Just please get up so I can take you home." He shook his head.

Why was he being so stubborn?

I hated that he was so drunk.

Then it hit me. I knew how I could get him off the floor.

"How about you get up and come over here hottie." I said in a sexy voice. That made him pay attention. He stood up.

"So now why don't you take me to your place?" I said. He smiled.

"No one is allowed at my place." At this point he was so drunk he didn't even know who I was, which I was happy about. After this I never wanted to see him again. I learned that if I acted like a tramp, he would play along. But as soon as I got the womanizer home, it was over. There would be no more Josh. I might miss him beyond anything, but him acting like this was ridiculous.

"Oh, but babe, please! I promise what happens there stays there!" I continued with my sexy voice. He smiled and grabbed my hand and led me out. Before we exited the restaurant, I noticed Owen was gone.

Damn. My priorities were all screwed up.

I was about to get a taxi when a limo came up in front of me. A man in a tuxedo came out of the

driver's side and opened the passenger door.

"Okay, Josh gets in." I shoved him in the limo. Once he was in I turned to the driver.

"You know where he lives?" I asked.

"Of course. I'm his driver 24/7," The man said, I nodded.

"Okay, I think some aspirin and water will do you good Josh." I said looking at him. He held

his hand out for me.

"Coomme o-on, offf w-we go t-to my hooouuse!"

"I am not going with you; you need rest and sober up."

"B-but I don't want to sober up. I-I waannaa p-party!" He said. I closed the passenger door. And

looked at his driver.

"Please make sure he goes straight home, no more drinks for him." I said. Before I got too far

Away, the driver yelled.

"Why do you care? About him, I mean?" I turned to the driver and took a few steps towards him.

"I know Josh and I have love for Josh, and hate too. But seeing him as a drunk doesn't make me happy. He is and can be so much more than this..." I said before walking off.

Josh P.O.V

My head felt like someone was hitting my head over and over with a baseball bat. I slowly opened my eyes and the piercing sunlight made me moan in more pain.

"HANK!" I yelled, but then regretted it, due to it making my head hurt worse. A second later my servant Hank walked in with a tray.

One cup of coffee, glass of water, and my usual breakfast: eggs and toast.

"Thanks." I said in a whisper.

"Here you go, sir." Hank handed me two aspirins. I took them and sighed.

"Thank you." I said again. He nodded and walked out. I ate in silence trying to think of what to do today.

Nothing but getting drunk came to mind. The hole in my heart always seemed to disappear when I was drunk. I sighed. I still couldn't get over what she did; I tried, but nothing helped. She played with my heart, and left with nothing but a note, why should I care for her?

I hated her!

Yet, I still loved her.

She never cared about me, yet I did so much for her.

I started to wonder why was thinking of her so much. Lately I'd been able to keep busy and not think about her at all. And it's worked, beside the times when I was alone and had enough time for spare thinking. Then I resorted to clubs and women that acted like they cared for me. In return, I pretended to care too. It wasn't like they thought I would go on dates with them after the clubs. No never, I wasn't like that, I was willing to be for her...but now I didn't give a shit.

I then tried to think about what happened last night, but nothing came to mind. I couldn't remember a thing. All I remember was going to a restaurant for dinner with my friend Maxine. Then I had a couple of beers, and then went to a club. I couldn't remember anything after that. I got up and went to the living room.

"Hank?" I said in a low tone, my head was still throbbing.

"Yes, sir?" He asked.

"I need to talk to my driver, Paul, please." Hank nodded and walked out of the room. I sat down on the couch. I stared at the flat screen T.V; I didn't want to turn it on, knowing the noises would probably be too much for me right now.

"Yes, sir?" Paul said as he came over to me.

"What the hell happened last night?" I asked. He sighed and sat in a chair next to the couch.

"Last night I took you to the restaurant, and then you came out and asked for me to take you to Club Dee Dee. I took you and then when you got back in the car, you were with a girl named Pam and you told me to take you back to the restaurant because you left your wallet there. I took you there and then next thing I knew, you came out with a different girl and she helped you in the car and told me to take you to home and for you to take some aspirin and get rest." Paul said. "By the way, not that you remember her, but she was a nice girl."

"What was her name?" I asked. Paul thought for a minute.

"She never said her name, but she did say she knew you."

"Umm, did she look familiar to you?" I asked, he shook his head.

"No."

"Oh." I tried to think of who it's was, but nothing.

"She cared about you though. I even asked her why she cared and she said the weirdest thing..."Paul stopped talking.

"What did she say?"

"She said I have love for Josh, and hate too. But seeing him as a drunk doesn't make me happy. He is and can be so much more than this...and then she walked off, but I could tell it hurt her to see you drunk."

"What did she look like?'

"It was dark but I could see she had, brown or black hair, green or gray eyes."

"Gray eyes...Clary."

Please review!

And thank you Kyeire for editing and helping out, I am so grateful.

Kyeire: Comment and tell TheRiverRunsDeep how much this chapter was awesome! GREAT JOB RRD!