He's My Brother!

Chapter 9: He's My Brother!

Clary P.O.V

I dragged Josh to the car, mad at him, but I tried not show it.

He acted like he was in charge of my life, and he in no way was! I don't care if he is my brother or...no he's my brother. That's a fact.

We got in the car. Silence filled it. He drove, I sat in the passenger seat. When Josh stared to drive I noticed he wasn't going home.

"Where are we going? Home is the opposite way."

"I know." He kept his eyes on the road.

Where is it he's taking me?

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking out my window. The way he was going was unfamiliar to me.

"Somewhere."

"And that place is...?" I turned and eyed him. He was smiling!

"Somewhere."

"Josh...just tell me."

"No, it's a surprise."

"I hate surprises."

"I know." He said with a little glance at me then looking back at the road.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right what?"

"You know nothing about me. Growing up you barely talked to me, until-" Josh pulled over to the side of the road and stopped the car. He turned it off and looked at me.

"Okay, here's the deal. I promise I'll be nice and be a complete gentleman to you. I'll treat you better than anyone, but you in no way are allowed to bring up the past...the past is the past. Let's leave it behind us. I'm sorry for what I have done, but I promise I will never do it again. Right now, I have a surprise for you." He started the car and took off. I went silent for a second to think.

Why did Josh want to have a...relationship with me?

All my childhood it seemed he wanted nothing to do with me. Now, now he seems so different.

Maybe…he's changed.

Maybe he cares for me.

Then I thought about something. If Josh and I aren't brother and sister, (WHICH WE ARE!) would we be together?

The moment I thought that, my mind hooked onto it. That's gross to think about.

Even though a part of me thought it was gross to even fathom, a part of me wished we weren't…for some odd reason…I just didn't know why.

"Okay." I said.

"What?"

"I won't bring up the past," He turned for a second to me and smiled.

My eyes widened. Breath Clary! It's just a smile...AND ITS YOUR BROTHER, for goodness sake!

Gross…it's so gross that he's my brother and I felt...

What do I feel for him?

No. Nothing. It's just sibling love, that's all.

But-

No buts.

He-

No he's.

I-

No, no I's either.

Maybe-

NO! Clary, look at all this time you've been thinking and see where that has gotten you, questioning your relationship with Josh… That's ridiculous to think that he's not your brother.