What's Going On?

Chapter 6: What's Going On?

"Clary, breakfast is ready."

Okay, brain, that voice is not who I think it is...no it can't be.

"Clary?"

Yet, it sounded just like him.

I heard my door open and someone walk towards me. Then I was lightly shaken. I opened my eyes.

"Clary, breakfast is ready, come on." I looked at Josh, dumbfounded. He stopped shaking me, but his hands were still planted on my shoulder.

"Josh?"

"Yeah," He smiled.

"What time is it?"

"Its 6:00."

"6:00?"

"Yep, and I made breakfast so get up, sleepy head." He said.

"Okay, I will when you get your hands off me." He frowned and looked at his hands.

"Oh, sorry." At first he didn't move, but after a minute he did as I asked. I got up and looked at him. He looked really sad.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded and looked at me. Then the biggest smile spread across his face.

"I'm fine. Get ready and come down." With that he walked out of my room, still grinning. I shook off the weird feeling I was getting, and went to get ready.

As I was walking down the stairs it hit me, the smell I love...BACON!

I peeked out from the kitchen corner and saw Josh. he was flipping pancakes.

Okay, something is going on. I mean Josh cooking...NEVER!

He looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"Good morning." He said, looking back at the pan.

"G-good morning...Josh?"

"Yeah?"

"What did you do?" When he just looked at me I added, " I mean, last time you made breakfast, you broke my laptop, or that time I was sick." He was silent as he put the pancakes on a plate. "Josh?"

"Hm?"

"I asked you a question."

Josh turned to me and pouted. "I know but I just don't think it's the right time to tell you."

"If it's something important I want to know."

"Let's eat." He grabbed the plates and walked into the dining room. I followed him unwillingly. I wanted answers.

"Josh, please just tell me."

"Eat."

"No." He grinned and grabbed a piece of bacon, and waved it in front of my face. I tried to hold back, but the smell. I grabbed the bacon and bit into it. He had an evil grin on his face, but it wasn't like when he was up to something. No, the kind of evil grin he gets when he won. I rolled my eyes and sat down.
_

Once done, I sat up, but Josh grabbed my plate before I could get it.

"You fixed breakfast, let me do the dishes."

"No." He got up and walked briskly back to the kitchen where he dumped the plates into the sink.

Man, he's stubborn.

I followed him, once again.

"Do you need a ride to school?" Josh asked. I looked at the clock. 6:45am.

"No, but t-thanks."

Okaaay…something is definitely wrong with Josh.

"Oh, okay." I smiled and grabbed my book bag. "Bye." Josh said.

"B-bye." I ran out of the house. It was so awkward. Josh never acted this way...I mean he never acted...nice.

Well actually, there was one time when I was 13 and really sick. Dad was gone...like always. Josh helped me out and I remember I loved the color pink back then and everything he made me eat was pink...I smiled at the memory.

"Clary!" I turned and saw Sarah.

"Hey." She looked at me mad.

"Are you mad at me?"

"It's just I thought you were going to ride with -"

"Josh."

"Yeah, why would you think that?"

"I-I...I don't know. I just did."

"Can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

"Josh asked me for a ride, but I declined."

"Why?"

"Because he was acting all nice to me and it freaked me out a little." I said.

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Oh Clary, just accept it. You never know...he might be the nicest person ever...let him in and see where it goes."

I laughed at Sarah. "Whatever."

"Clary?"

"Yeah?"

"There's something I need to tell you…about Josh."

"What?" I asked. Sarah looked at me with concern...

PLEASE REVIEW

and thanks so SO SO SO SO SO SO SO, much to Kyeire, My editor and helper for posting this chapter, you are like the BEST!

And you should check out coolstorybr0 the stories she writes are pretty darn good! And worth reading!

Please Review!