A night to remember

Chapter 31

Josh P.O.V

I knew where they were going, due to my connections. It comes with being rich.

I looked at Clary and froze. She was as beautiful as ever. This time seeing her, I wasn't drunk. As a matter of fact I had not had one drink today and it 11:00 p.m. I was glad.

But as I studied the three girls from the back, I noticed that all of them were buzzed, but Clary.

No. Clary was a different story. She was downright drunk.

"And put their bill on me." I said calmly.

Clary turned around and looked at me, her eyes went wide. I smiled. She was so pretty, but I needed to keep my cool and act chilled.

A.K.A: act drunk or at least buzz, even though I wasn't.

"W-what the, the hell are you doin-ing h-here?" She asked. The other girls who I knew to be Georgie and Karena just smiled at me.

"Who is this hottie?" Georgie asked, I gave her a wink and she put a hand over her heart in a very dramatic way.

"This, this is no one." Clary said. I was hurt that she'd say that. No one? Really?

I wished that it was true for me, that I could say and mean it in my heart that we were no one to each other. That way we would not be in the situation.

I hated Clary for what she did. Leaving with only a note, and playing my heart. I spent nights punching walls.

But then other times I smiled at the thought of her.

She was the one thing I could not stop thinking about at night, whether it was with hatred or love.

But at this moment, right here, right now, I was mad at Clary. She had played my heart so tonight I was going to do the same to hers. She would fall for me tonight. If not fall for me, then sleep with me…Which I had a feeling wouldn't be hard…What girl could resist me?

"Clary can I talk to you in private?" I asked. She looked at her friends, and then at me.

"No." Was her answer. Then Karena whispered in Georgie's ear and then Georgie froze. She studied me, right then I knew Karena had told her who I was, after all Karena knew me...

"Clary, I'll be right back." Georgie said. This surprised me. I mean I would think Georgie would want to get Clary away from me, but instead she walked off.

"I think I need to go with her." Karena said. I was shocked, and so-from the looks-Clary was too. She tried to grab Karena's arm before she walked off, but Karena was too fast. Clary and I were left there, staring at each other.

"I think I need to go too." Clary said.

"Why?"

Clary's P.O.V

Why?

"Why, What?" I asked, knowing he was speaking deeper than me leaving right now.

"Why did you run away that night?"

His question hit me, and I froze, stunned that he asked.

I avoided this question in my mind for so long.

"Feelings," He looked at me; I was shocked, did I just say that out loud?

I turned around to walk away.

"Why are you afraid to talk to me? Come on, and tell me how you feel." The last of his sentence was said in a sexy kind of voice…he stopped me dead in my tracks.