The Funeral

I got of the taxi and looked grabbed my bags.

"Ready!" I nodded.

I was happy that I was able to leave the hospital without bumping into Owe or Chase, even though Chase called Georgie and asked where I was...She covered for me and said I was somewhere around the hospital. As for Owen, he's tried calling me no stop. I had to turn off the phone, due to the fact that I couldn't drown out the ringing phone.

I wanted to throw the phone away, but I needed it until I got a job, which I was going to get. I told Georgie if I was staying with her I would pay rent. She refused, but I was going to get a job and make her take the money. She needed it more than I did.

I also had to send Josh money back. I felt so bad for taking money from him. I just hoped he was okay...

"Here you go, you can crash on the couch, and I'm going to put your things by the T.V. I'll show you around the house and you can take a shower, and then make yourself at home. Okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"I do have a few rules." I nodded. "Rule one, no calling me ma'am or miss, my husband hates it when you call him sir. We are in our 30's not 50's. Rule two, please don't stay out too late. We lock up about 1 a.m. Number three, no cuss words. I try to not encourage them. And if any more rules come up, I will tell you." I nodded...

This is going to work!

2 days later

"Clary, are you ready?" Georgie asked me. I slowly nodded. My hands balled up in a fist, this will be it. This will be the last time I see her.

We walked in the church people were sitting down and whispering to one another. Straight ahead I saw her coffin, and her lying there, all peaceful. I went straight for her, tears came down my face, even though I wished they didn't. I hated crying in public.

"Clary?" I turned around and saw Chase.

"H-hey." I said.

"I am sorry about your loss."

"No, I'm sorry. You were after all closer to her than I was." He looked down, almost ashamed.

"Yeah, but she was your mom."

"I know, she was yours in a way too." We paused with silence.

Then he cleared his throat, "Clary I want to help you. Come work at the diner. You'll get paid good money. And then when you turn 18 you'll know what it's like to own and work it." I was silent for what seemed forever, but then I knew what to say.

"Yeah...Okay." I said. He smiled.

"Great." Right then, Owen came up behind Chase. I froze and Chase saw my reaction. "Owen, get out of here. You're not wanted." Chase said.

"I know who killed her." Owen said. I looked at him shocked.

"Who? Why have you not told the police?" I said.

"I did, right after the hospital 2 days ago. They have arrested Dean-"

"Dean?" Chase and I said at the same time.

"Yeah, I saw him leave the room and call his boss." Chase looked at Owen with a sour look.

"What?" Owen asked.

"You set my brother up." Chase said in a cold way.

"I promise I didn't. They even caught it on camera. Your brother is not that slick, you and I both know that." Owen said.

"Whatever, so now that you have said what you need to say, leave." Chase looked at Owen, but I could tell in the corner of his eye he was looking at me.