It's All Good!

I looked at the diner door and sighed. First day of work. I walked in and saw Karena. She glanced up at me and...Smiled. I gave a weak smile back to her.

"Clary." She said in a sweet voice, as she came over to me. I was confused, a couple of days ago she acted like she wanted to kill me, but now she was acting nice.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She looked at me with a questioning expression.

"What do you mean?"

"Well last time I was here, you got mad at me and slapped me. Now you're all nice." I said she started to laugh. "What so funny?" I asked.

"Y-You...think...I am...Karena." She paused in between her laughs.

"Hum," I said.

So…what? she wasn't Karena?

"I'm her twin Bethany." She said once she controlled her laughing. Now that I really looked at her I could see she was a little different than Karena.

"I am sorry."

"It's fine. So did she really slap you?"

"Yeah, pretty hard too."

"I'm sorry, she was upset that day."

"What about?" I asked.

"None of your business." I looked to my side and saw Karena. She narrowed her eyes at me, but then Bethany cleared her throat and Karena looked at her. "Table six wants refills on coffee and I'm going on break."

"Buts it's only 8 a.m." Bethany said. "Break is at 12 p.m. for you."

"Well then, fire me." Karena said in a non-caring way.

"Karena! You need to act nicer."

"Why should I?"

"Would Rachel want you talking and acting like this?" Bethany asked. Karena went quiet.

"Well, she's not here anymore, is she?" Bethany froze.

"Karena, I'm sorry." I blurted out. Karena looked taken back.

"For what?" She said.

"I think I understand why you're mad. I came here after all these years and I'm preparing to take over the diner and you feel put out, like I'm replacing where you supposed to be-"

"Are you saying I'm jealous of you?" Karena asked. I just stayed still, not responding. "Well...Well…" She said like she was at a loss of words. "I am." She whispered.

"Karena, I-"

"Clary, its fine, and I am sorry for the other day." Karena said.

"GROUP HUG!" Bethany yelled I was about to walk away when Bethany pulled me and Karena in for a hug. I looked up at Karena.

She mouthed, 'sorry.' I just nodded the best I could.

It was 1:30 and I was tired. All day I seemed to do everything, with the help of Bethany.

But as for working, this was easy, but tiresome.

Right now I was washing dishes and pretty happy. I think I can run this place; So far so good-

"Clary?" I turned around and saw Chase.

"H-Hey." I said.

"I need to talk to you." He said. I nodded and turned off the water. Once I wiped my hands, I waited for him to start.

"I don't like you dating Owen." He said.

"I overheard you at the hospital with Owen, do you not like me to date Owen because he works for Vinak or because you like me too?"

Chase looked surprised. "Clary I like you, like a sister..." He laughed. "Man, you have no idea do you?" He said.

"What?"

"I'm gay." I went wide-eyed.

"Y-You're gay?"

"Yeah. I try to hide it, but some people find out."

"Oh."

"Are you okay with that?" He asked.

"Yes, Chase, I'm fine with that. And I'm glad you told me." He grinned.

"Me too. And I'm sorry for everything." I nodded. He went to walk out but turned and looked at me. "I know I can't tell you who to date, but I don't care much for Owen. Yes, he is hot...but you need to make sure he's right for you. A part of me thinks you like another guy."

"What...what do you mean?" I said, completely thrown off at his statement.

"It's sometimes shows in your eyes, the longing for another man, but only when Owens's around, you seem that way."

"Chase, I think I like Owen, and I'm going to and will keep dating him." Chase nodded.

"I wish you the best of luck then." With that, he walked out. Then I noticed him sway from side to side. I giggled and got back to work.

"Table three has asked for you, once you're done there, you're on break for 30 minutes." Karena said. This was normal. People would come in and ask for me then they would tell me they were sorry for my loss and explain how they knew my mom. I just nodded and said thank you.

"Table three?" I said not really familiar with where the tables were located.

She giggled, "It's right there." She said. I looked at the back of a guy's head. I couldn't tell what he looked like because he had a hoodie on. I slowly walked over to him, and then stopped at the table.

"Hi, I'm Clary and I am your waiter for today. Can I get you a drink to start off?" I said looking at the notepad and not the guy.

"I would like you." I was taken aback by this, but then the guy took off his hood.

"Omigosh Owen you scared me, I thought you were some creep!" He smiled.

"Come sit down have lunch with me." I nodded and sat down. I was technically only break now, so it was okay.

Okay so here's what I know:

1. I like Owen...I'm pretty positive of that.

2. I know how to run the diner when it comes time to. Well, I got the hang of it so far.

3. Chase is gay. I'm totally okay with that.

4. I love New York…so far…I in no way miss home…

Please review!

And thank you Kyeire for editing!

Kyeire: Ahhhh…ummmmm….Review! Lol. I have no smart witty little something to say at the current moment, so I'll just say review. xD