Middle of the Night

Clary's P.O.V

"Clary!" I felt someone shake me. My eyes opened to Georgie standing over me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I looked at the clock and gasped at the time. "Its 3 O'clock in the morning!" Even in the dark I could see she rolled her eyes.

"You think I don't know that?" Georgie went over to my empty side of the bed and sat down, I had a feeling something was going on.

"What's up?" I asked,

"The sky," she said.

"I know that smarty pants." I said.

"Yeah, I know..."

"So why are you at my house at 3 in the morning?"

"I was sound asleep when I heard banging coming from my front door. Me being a single mother of multiple children and a crashed Karena on my couch, I got scared. I went to the door, with baseball bat in hand and saw Owen. He was drunk-"

"DRUNK? What is it with people and drinking? They act like it solves all the problems in the world! Owen does it, my dad does it, and Josh even drinks!"

"Josh? Who's Josh?" Georgie asked. I totally let my mind and thoughts slip. In doing so I never realized that I had never talked about Josh before with Georgie...I tried keeping him a secret.

"I didn't say Josh..." Trying to cover up my mistake.

"You're lying."

"Am not."

"I'm a mother and I can tell when people lie, even you honey." She said this in a smooth voice, like you would think a mother would talk. "So who is this Josh guy. Was he the one you were in the bathroom of the restaurant with?"

"How-how did you know about that?" I asked, a little stunned she knew.

"Well when Owen came to my house at 2, he told me that you went to the bathroom after he proposed and then overheard a girl talking on the phone about her leaving her date in the bathroom with a girl. He figured it was you and left."

"Oh, I-I-"

"I think you need to explain some things. Maybe not yet to Owen, but to me." Georgie said.

"I don't want to."

"It might be dark and I can barely see you in this room, but I can see your eyes Clary and you look sad. I have always known you were hiding something; I never pushed or asked for answers. I just want to know what's wrong with you and why you're in bathrooms with men you don't know. Or was that Josh with you and you do know him?" I could feel Georgie's eyes on me.

"Are you sure you want to know?" I asked, thinking of all the pain telling this story would give me.

"I want to know, and who knows I might have gone through the same things you're going through, and I can help." I laughed.

"I highly doubt your life is as missed up and crazy as mine and that you can relate."

"Maybe, maybe not. Come on, tell me."

"I am going to give you the short version, due to it being 3 in the morning and I want sleep."

"Okay."

"I grew up with my mom, dad, and Josh. My mom left when I was two, as you know. I was left with my dad and Josh-"

"Sorry to interrupt but why was Josh at your house? Who was he to you?" Georgie asked, I sighed.

"He was, according to my dad, my brother."

"Your brother? Your mom never said she had a son."

"Would you let me finish?" I asked in an irritated voice.