Good News and Unwanted News!

Chapter 42

Josh had gotten back and I was shocked when I saw he bought 4 Big Macs. At first I thought he was crazy, because I knew I would only be able to eat one, but I ended up eating 3.

"Thank you for the food, it was so good!" I said. Right then my phone rang. I dug in my pockets and got it out. "Hello?"

"Clary, its Sarah." I looked up at Josh who was looking at me like "who's that". I mouthed Sarah. He nodded and gathered all of our trash up and walked out of the room with it.

"Clary, I am SO SO SO sorry, I heard you were in the hospital because of a car wreck and when I tried calling you earlier you didn't answer-"

"Yeah, I was at the hospital, it has bad reception there."

"You were in the hospital, AGAIN? Is everything okay? Are you okay, Omigosh it all my fault-"

"Sarah calm down, it's not your fault. Bethany had her baby, and for some odd reason she picked me to go in the room with her."

"Oh, and here I thought you had lost your twins and you were on the brink of death."

"You're such a drama queen." I told her, she giggled.

"I'm glad you're fine. One last thing…on a scale from 1 to 10, how mad are you about me telling Josh?" She asked, I thought for a second, but the minute Josh walked in the room and smiled at me, I knew I wasn't mad at her at all.

"I'm not mad."

"So a 1?"

"0."

"I'm so glad I have a friend like you." She rejoiced.

"I am too, got to go!"

"Goodbye." We hung up and then I got up. Josh was by now sitting down on a love seat.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I need you to take me home. I can't sleep on your couch all day. He nodded, got up and then he grabbed my hand. After a second I realized we were not headed to the front door, but to the stairs.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned, he said nothing and in a sweeping action he picked me up, I giggled. "I'm fat, and you're going to drop me. Plus you're probably sore from the car wreck. put me down. I'll walk up the stairs if that's where you wish me to go."

"No, you're not going to go walk up the stairs. It's a lot of hard work, which I'm not wanting you to do." He insisted as he was going up the stairs. "And Clary, you're not fat."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm huge! Look at it, wait no keep your eyes on the stairs, I'd hate for you to trip and fall because if you fall, I fall." I stated. He smiled and reached the end of the stairs. I held on tight to his neck and watched as he led me into a room, a room I remember all too well. He put me on the bed and then carefully took off my shoes. He then helped me get under the covers. I put my head on the pillow, my eyes became heavy, but I heard footsteps walking out of the room.

"Josh?"

"Yeah."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to let you nap." I looked over at him and patted the empty spot on the other side of the bed.

"What?" He asked.

"Come and lay with me, please." His face lit up and he ran over to the empty side, slipping off his shoes and getting under the covers too. I snuggled up to him, my head on his chest. I closed my eyes with peace and happiness.