Surprise

"Karena, for the last time, I don't want to wear makeup." Karena gave me a death glare. I knew I was in for it. Ever since I agreed she could help me get ready for this date, she wanted it all her way. I had to wear this, and do this.

I can see Bethany doing this, but not Karena. It's like a whole new side of her. Usually Karena acted like a tom boy. But now as I looked at her zooming around my room, flipping through shoes, make up, and clothing I noticed she was...Hiding something, she knew something. I mean as I look into her eyes I can she's torn inside. Look at her! She's even biting her lip! Man, what is it? I realize she was just going around, staying busy so she could keep her mouth shut about something…But what was it?

"I know you don't want to wear it, but at this point you're going to, even if I have to force you." She said tapping a tube of mascara on her palm. I sighed and wondered what she was hiding.

"Karena you seem different almost like you're hiding something." Karena looked away real fast.

"W-why would you say that?" She asked glancing at the coffee table.

"You're helping me get ready; you're keeping yourself busy so that whatever you're hiding will stay hidden."

"Pssh, you imagining things." She said walking over to the kitchen counter and grabbing her red wine.

"I'm here!" I heard a bubble voice say. I looked at the door way and saw Bethany.

"Hey!" I went over to her and gave her a hug. In doing so, I whispered, "What's going on?" She froze in my arms.

"W-what do you mean?" Bethany asked as I let go of her.

"I've been on so many dates with Owen and not once did you guys come and help me get ready." I gave her my 'tell-me-what's-going-on-or-if-you-don't-its-going-down' look. She rolled her eyes and went towards Karena. "Guys, what's going on?" I asked again.

"Man, I wish I could drink. You know it's going to suck going without a drink for eight more months." Bethany said, changing the subject.

"I know right, I would die if I had to go without a drink that long." Karena tagged along. I noticed both of them were doing the twin mind-reading thing. Only one thing was going through their little heads:

CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

I could see it in their eyes, and it was pissing me off. They knew something I didn't.

Let's see…it's good news. I mean it has to be...Or they would be acting all sad.

Owen and I are going to a nice restaurant.

What was it...?

Then it hit me.

OMG!

I knew!

Owen finally got a JOB!

Yes, that's so it!

I jumped up and down. All of a sudden Karena and Bethany looked me like I was a wacko.

"What?" I asked while controlling my happiness.

"You look like a three year old. Man, I hope my child isn't like that..." Bethany said.

"Anyways, what's up with you?" Karena asked.

"I'm so happy!" Both the twins looked at each for a second then back at me.

"Why?" Bethany said.

"I figured out why tonight so special and what's happened."

"You did?" Both of them said at the same time with hints of surprise in their voices.