Chapter 48: Romantic Beast

[UNEDITED]

Liam's POV

I was sitting in my office. I heard Ashley have been trying to sweet talk to my guards but obviously they aren't stupid and know that if they do fall into that trap I'll either kill them or kick them out of my pack...most likely kill them.

My office door had opened and it was Marceline. I watched as she quickly closed the door and had a bowl of strawberries and whip cream. She quickly came over to me and sat on my lap as she sat the bowl down and wrapped her arm around my neck and smiled. I Just looked at her, waiting on her next action will be.

She had picked up a strawberry. "Ahh" she says opening her mouth, indicating for me to open mines and so i did. She had fed me a strawberry. She had swiped her finger across my lip and licked the little whip cream off her finger.

"Are you trying to tease? Because you licking your finger all sexy like that, i may just fuck you on this desk right now" I say smirking now.

She shook her head. "No i am not teasing you, i just wanted to give you a nice sweet treat" she says now playing with my hair.
She just basically gave herself away.

"Okay, what's the real reason you came and brung me strawberries?" I say. She stopped playing in my hair. "Tell me" she says looking down.

"Tell you what?" I repeated. I know what she's talking about i just wanna have a little fun.
"About what's going on, something is going on... i saw that guy come in your office yesterday, so what's going on?" She says.

Caught red handed.

"If i tell you this don't freak out, promise me" i say. "Yes, i promise, now tell me" she begs.

"Ashleys and Bridgets father wants war with us but he's also that guy that went against my father eleven years ago" i tell her.
"Don't go into war, Liam please" she begs. "Marceline, as a Alpha i have too, its my duty.. i won't coward down to some small whimpy pack" I say.

"No Liam please...Would if something bad happens? Huh? What about Kayden? Huh? What about me? What about us?" She says.

I looked Down again. "I'll tell you and Kayden that I love you too and If something does happen then I'll just watch you all from above and make sure you both are good for the rest of your lives." The next thing i knew her hand connected with the side of my face. I looked up at her surprised. She looked pissed, which was pissing me off more.

"Don't do it or else.... Ill leave you and take Kayden with me an---" i didn't let her finish that sentence as I had pushed her on my desk and pinned her down as that bowl of strawberries fell. My eyes were a pitch black now.

I was breathing really heavily. "So...your saying...if I fight for my pack, i lose my family? And if I don't fight, I keep my family and lose my pack?" I say in disbelief.

How could she make me chose in between those too...they both are my life and world.

"Marceline, you know damn well I love you and Kayden to death... You know damn well I love my Pack and my Pride...So your going to make me chose inbetween those too" i say kind of heartbroken.

"After everything Me and you been through?" Her eyes started to water up. She had looked away. "I'm sorry!" She says.
"I love you and yes I know... I know it all damn well...I-I just don't want someone walking threw those doors and announing to me that you've passed away....I Don't want you to die, Liam" she cried out.

I sighed. I let go of her and had picked her up and hugged her. "Shhh, I know... I don't want to die either... doing this war maybe a 50/50 chance of living, dying, winning, or losing" I say.