Chapter 41:: The Note

(Unedited)

Marceline's POV

Today makes it twenty four weeks now meaning seven months. I'm so close to having my baby, it's so exciting and a bit nerve wreaking. I had went down stairs and saw Mason. I noticed that Alexia haven't been around much lately.

"Mason, Hey" I say as I sat down. He finished typing something on the computer then he closed the computer and whispered to him self 'done' but not to low enough for me not to hear.

He looked up. "Oh, sorry...did you say something?" He says. I nodded slowly. "I said Hi" I say awkwardly now. "Sorry, it's just I just finish a big report that can make my company go from millions to Billions, probably even Trillions." He says with so much joy. "Congrats" I say.

"Um...I was wondering...Where have Alexia been?" I say. He sighed. "You shouldn't worry about her, she's irrelevant to you" he does have a bit of a point but that was kind of rude to.

I was a bit offended. It feels like everyone is moving farther away from me and keeping secrets. "Mason, I'm serious...She isn't irrelevant to me" I say.

"Doesn't matter" he says.

"Its DOES!" I say getting a bit annoyed. It was just a simple question, why is he making it so difficult?!

"WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE WHEN SHE'S MY MATE!" He yells. My eyes widen in shock. When he meant he found his mate, he meant Alexia. This entire time?!

"She's your mate?" I started. He looked regretful for saying that. "For how long? Does anybody else know?" I say slowly. It read guilt all over him. "Everyone?" I say. He slowly nodded. I looked away then looked back at him. "This whole household right?" I say. He shook his head. "Darwen, Liam, I belive know as well" What?! Even my best friend and mate knew. I felt alot of anger built up.

"What!" I say out of anger. "Why haven't you told me completely in the first place? Instead you waited till now to tell me! Why, why is that Mason!" I say.

"Because it was never you or anybodies business but me and Alexia's" he says. I had did a little chuckle.

"Oh really? Mason you really want to go there now?" I say. He thought for a minute then nodded. I had did a huff. "What happened to you Mason? Your acting totally different now" I say.

"Well Marceline, everyone changes once in a while, I guess two of us changed then" he had got up and had left out faster then I can blink. What just happened? Mason.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Mason's POV

I didn't mean to upset her but it just came out to like that. I don't want Marceline worrying about someone who could really physically harm her and her baby. I can't really explain it to her. It's like it's really difficult to explain it to her. She always see's the bright side of things and not the negative. Which I'm afraid would make her a good target for anyone to manipulate her into doing something with out her realizing it till the end.

All I'm trying to do is protect but more she finds out, it seems like I'm pushing her away and giving her the cold shoulders.

I don't mean to act this way, but if its the only way to protect her then I don't mind it. Yeah she may hate me but likely thank me later on.

I'm also a bit worried. I haven't heard from Alexia. Usually she'll be rebellious against me and go ahead and do what ever she wants. But she's not, which is making me a bit nervous. I wonder if she knows this? Or maybe the way I am makes it seems like I can give two fucks about anything or anyone. But no that's not true.

You know what they say, Never Judge a book by its cover. Yeah many people seems to forget that popular quote. I probaby have forgotten that quote multiple times threw out my life, especially in high school.