37.

Mandy's POV

Later on that day
-

We got back from Walmart. Ryan's been keeping his distance from me and I've been keeping my distance from him.

"Mandy! Come here!" I heard Chris yell. I ran to the living room.

"Yeah, Chris?" I asked.

"Where were you and Ryan earlier?" He asked.

"At Walmart" I said.

"To get what?" He asked.

"Just stuff for around here, but we figured it'd be better to make a list of what we need before buying shit" I said.

"Another question" he said.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Why are you and Ryan avoiding each other like the black plague?" He asked.

"He was being an asshole earlier. So we're just staying away from each other until he's not an ass" I replied.

"Oh... Thank you for being mature and not starting a fight with him" he said.

"No problem" I said.

"I'm pretty sure you already know that you're getting the room with only one bed right?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"Good. By the way, Gwen is coming out here with the kids in June for her birthday, so when she comes out here, me and her are getting that bed" he said.

"And after she leaves, you can keep it" I said, cringing.

"I'll flip the mattress" he shrugged.

"It still doesn't change what unspeakable things were done in that bed" I said.

"You're such a baby" I said.

"Would you want to sleep in a bed that your parent had sex in?" I asked.

"You've slept in my bed plenty of times, Amanda" he said.

"Because you make me sleep in your bed when I'm sick!" I pointed out.

"That was when you were younger, so I could keep an eye on you" he said. When I was younger, I used to get stomach bugs a lot, so Chris would bring me into his room and we'd watch movies all day. Only when he was home from tour of course.

"You win this one, father" I chuckled.

"As always haha" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going upstairs" I said. He nodded.
I went upstairs and ran into Ricky. Literally.

"Sorry!" I said.

"It's fine kid" he said.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Good, so I saw you and Ryan go into your room last night..." He trailed.

"Please don't mention it to, Chris" I begged.

"I won't. So... How was it?" He asked.

"How was what?" I asked, confused.

"You know... The sex?" He asked.

"We didn't do that you, pervert" I said.

"Sure, you didn't" he winked.

"We just slept, with our clothes on!" I said, heavily implying that we only slept.

"Just one more question?" He asked.

"What?" I said.

"If you and Ryan are just friends, how come you guys slept in the same bed?" He asked.

"Friends can't sleep in the same bed?" I asked.

"I'm not stupid, Amanda" he said.

"Fine. Ryan and I have been together for five months" I whispered.

"Oh... I will not let the cat out of the bag about that" he said.

"Good. Please don't tell anybody else. This is between you and me only. I really like being with him, please don't ruin it for me" I begged.

"I won't. Have you guys said the the L word yet?" He asked.

"Last night I told him that I love him and he loves me back" I said.

"So I'm taking it as you guys are fine with dating in secrecy?" He asked.

"Yeah, we know that Chris is going to find out eventually, but we also know that when he finds out, it isn't going to go over very well, so we're taking advantage of our relationship while we can" I said.

"The longer you keep it from him, the worse it's going to go over" he replied.

"True, but I wanna be with Ryan for as long as possible" I said.

"Do whatever your heart desires, kid" he said before walking down the stairs.

I went to my room and plugged in my phone. I hope Ryan and Chris share a room, so when Gwen and the kids come into town, I can share a room with Ryan.

I set my phone down and it began to buzz.

Ryan texted me.

The text said that he was sorry for being an ass at Walmart earlier.

I told him that his apology was accepted.

I'm glad we're not mad at each other anymore...