14

Mandy's POV

A couple hours later

-

Chris and the guys got back not too long ago. Chris has been giving me weird looks ever since they got back.

"Mandy? Can I talk to you outside?" Chris asked.

"Sure thing, dad" I replied.

I followed him outside. He shut the bus door and looked at me.

"What's up, dad?" I asked.

"I'm not mad at you or anything, I would just like an explanation on those hickies that were on your neck, this morning" he told me.

"When I was with The Word Alive guys last night, Luke was frisky, we made out some, and this is what we gave me. Don't worry, we didn't have sex and no groping was involved" I told him.

"Alright, but can you also explain why you and Ryan were cuddling, I think it's great that you two are getting along, but I don't want you two dating" he said.

"Well, I got home, Ryan and I got into a fight, then he just wrapped his arms around me and I fell asleep" I said, leaving out the part where he and I kissed.

"Oh. Don't let it happen again, I'm okay with you and Luke dating since he's a good guy and he's good to you but you can't date Ryan" he replied.

"I don't plan on dating either of them, yeah, Luke is attractive and everything a girl could ever want, but I honestly only see him as a friend. He probably likes me, but he has to understand that I just want to be friends with him. As for Ryan, hell no, I am not going to date him. Plus, Mike from The Devil Wears Prada gave me his number earlier, so there might be something with him" I told him.

"So you and Hranica?" He joked.

"No, well, not yet... He's really charming! At least one member from all the bands except for this one have flirted with me" I said.

"Well, you're beautiful, so it doesn't surprise me that so many guys are flirting with you" he told me.. I grinned as he gave me a hug.

"Do you wanna go get coffee? I know you're dying for a Pumpkin Spice Latte" he asked.

"You caught me" I smiled.

"Let's go" he said. We began to walk.

-

We got to Starbucks. But something didn't feel right. There's something off about the barista. But I can't figure it out.

"Next!" The barista called. He sounds just like my brother. We walked up to the counter.

I looked at his name tag, his name is Nick. I looked at his face, he looks just like my brother.

"Um... Why are you staring at me?" He asked.

"You look like my older brother before he died, and sound like him" I told him.

"What was your brother's name?" He asked.

"Matty" I said, the color drained from his face. Oh my god.

"My break is in ten minutes, can you guys chill out here?" He asked. I nodded.

"Anyway, what do you guys want?" He asked.

"Two pumpkin spice lattes for Chris and Mandy" Chris told him. Nick nodded and rung it up.

-

We got our coffees and now we're sitting in the corner, waiting for Nick.

Speaking of him. He approached us and took a seat next to me.

"Rat, is that you?" Nick asked. I froze. That was Matty's nickname for me.

"Yeah, Matty" I smiled.

"You've grown up so much, I missed you baby sister" he said, giving me a hug.

"I thought you were dead" I said, tears coming out of my eyes.

"Willy and I staged it. Mom found me, she needed me. She's in a wheelchair. Dad's out of prison, they're back together, they really want to see how their baby girl turned out" he explained.

"You left me with a monster! Our so called grandmother beat everyday when you
went missing, she abandoned me, but at least when she abandoned me, I knew why! And I don't have a mom and that criminal is not my dad!" I growled.

"I had to leave you behind, Amanda! Mom wanted you to be taken care of!" He said.

"So she says. She wouldn't have abandoned us if she actually cared" I said.

"Amanda, don't be like this" he pleaded.

He fucking left me! My older brother, the one I trusted to protect me and be there by my side, left me. And he expects me to be all okay with it? Fuck no.

"Matthew, I don't need you to justify yourself, just say it, you left me. I don't want some fucking sob story about how our so called mother needed you" I spat.

"Why are you denying that they are our parents?" He asked.

"Because parents don't abandon you. I spent ten years, thinking you were dead and thinking of you so highly, but you left, just like everybody else. Your mom is not my mom, your dad is not my dad, Chris here is my dad. Also, you aren't my brother either, I have four brothers that care about me more than anything and they would never leave me" I snapped.

"I'm sorry, Rat. I'm sorry you see a fucking band as more of a family than you do me and our parents" he replied.

"Matthew, is it? Well, in her defense, I did adopt her, because of you, she got left for dead, in an alley, in the blistering cold and snow. She talked so highly of you when I first found her. But you're a horrible person" Chris said.

"I doubt that with such a touring schedule that you actually took care of her" Matty said, rolling his eyes.

"Actually, I didn't start heavily touring until she was almost in high school, so actually, yeah, I did take care of her. I brought her on every small tour and I took care of her when I was home. Even when I heavily toured, she stayed with my mom and made sure she did what she was supposed to. I also hide her from the public, I even parent her now, as an adult. I'm making up for the years of parenting that she didn't get" Chris explained.

"She got plenty of discipline with our grandmother" Matty claimed.

"A grandmother doesn't kick their grandchildren to the curb, a nine year old at that" Chris pointed out.

"Get the fuck out of here, Chris. Rat, you stay here, we're going home" Matty said, attempting to grab my hand but I pulled it back.

"I'm not going anywhere with you, and don't ever call me that again. Come on  Chris. We're leaving" I stated.

"You're not going anywhere, Amanda" He said.

I got up and grabbed my drink, Chris followed and we got out of the Starbucks as fast as we could.

My biological family may have abandoned me but I know that my Motionless in White family never will.