30.

Chris's POV

Later that night

-

Everybody went home. Except for Ryan. He's been in Mandy's room for the past two and a half hours.

I'm worried that they're doing stuff. Like stuff that involves his thing and her thing.

It's almost midnight. I walked to Mandy's room and opened the door.

The light was off but her night light illuminated the room.

Her and Ryan were spooning.

It was clear that they haven't done anything.

Ryan still had his shoes on.

I didn't like that they were cuddling but as long as she's not crying over that asshole, Mike. I'm okay with it.

I'm gonna end up finding Mike's number and I'm gonna rip him a new one.

I walked out of her room and back out to the living room.

My phone began to ring. I looked at
the caller ID to see that the girl that I was talking to a few months ago is calling me.

I pressed answer and put the phone to my ear.

"Gwen?" I said.

"Hey, Chris" she said.

"Long time no talk" I said.

"I'm sorry Chris" she said.

"It's okay. How have you been?" I asked.

"I've been great, I got full custody of my kids a couple of days ago. Their father drove on a suspended license and had three DUI's. He's gonna be in jail for a while" she replied.

"I hope he didn't have your kids in the car when he decided to fucking drive drunk" I said.

"He said he didn't but it still pisses me off that he'd risk his life like that knowing that he has two children that need him" she said.

"I would be pissed too" I said.

"It's done and over. He's gonna be in jail for most of their childhoods" she said.

"Are you in Colorado?" I asked.

"No, I made it back to Wilkes-Barre at around midnight last night, it's hard to do a cross country road trip with two young children" she said.

"When Motionless in White was still in a van, I brought my daughter with us, she was about twelve or thirteen when we brought her along. No matter what age your kids are, road trips are gonna be frustrating" I told her.

"Well, that makes me feel better... Knowing that I'm always gonna have to hear my kids complain about having to pee five minutes after we leave a rest area" she said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, but it's the truth" I said.

"It's okay, do you want to meet my kids tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure, do you wanna come over to mine? So you can meet my monster?" I asked.

"Sure, is it okay if we come over at around noon?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll try to get Mandy up before noon and Ryan might be over because he spent the night" I told her.

"Alright, how come Ryan is spending the night?" She asked.

"Mandy's boyfriend broke up with her and he was trying to comfort her and they both fell asleep" I said.
"Aww your poor baby" she said.

"It's her first official break up. She's taking it really hard. Please don't let a guy or a girl hurt your babies when they're older, it's painful to watch your child cry over a person who doesn't like them anymore" I said.

"If anybody breaks my babies' hearts, I'm gonna kill them" she said.

"I hate to do this, but I'm gonna let you off here, I'm dozing off as we speak" I said.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow" she said, I could basically hear the smile in her voice.

I hung up and put my phone down. Time for bed.