Mandy's POV

That night

-

My eyes were rimmed with eyeliner and I wore black skinny jeans and a Morrissey t-shirt that I stole from Chris and my dark brown hair was pulled up into a sloppy bun, this showed off the underneath of my hair which was baby blue.

I grabbed my phone and walked out to the living room because that's the only way to the front door.

"Mandy, why are you all dressed up?" Chris asked, scaring the shit out of me.

"I'm going to a party" I said.

"Whose party?" He asked suspiciously.

"You remember Collin, right?" I asked.

"That cunt that just out of the blue decided to not be your friend anymore? How can I not remember him?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's him. He invited me over to this get together thing" I said.

"No. You're not going over there. I don't want him to use you. He's up to no good. Nobody just asks for their ex-friend that they also had a thing with to go to a party out of nowhere just to see them. He just wants down your pants" he stated. I rolled my eyes.

"But dad-" I said before he cut me off.

"No ifs, ands, or buts. I'm saying no for your own good. I don't want him to break your heart again" he told me.

"I'm nineteen, Chris! I can do what I want!" I shouted.

"Once you move out, you can do what you want. Now, if you're going to continue to scream and yell, you can go to your room because I don't want to hear it" he replied calmly.

I rolled my eyes and stomped off to my room. When I got to my room, I slammed the door.

I grabbed the hoodie that my brother used to wear all the time when he was still alive and slipped it on.

This hoodie has been my security blanket since he died. He was the one I would go to when I was upset when he was alive, so this hoodie makes me feel like he's still here, hugging me when I'm upset.

-

I calmed down and slipped the hoodie off and hung it back up in my closet.

I straightened myself up. I opened my bedroom window to get some fresh air.

I have an idea. I'm gonna sneak out.

I grabbed my phone and climbed out the window. Luckily, we don't live in a two story house.

When I climbed out, I fell into the dirt, I dusted myself off and began to walk.

Collin only lives a block away, so the walk won't be long.

-

I got to Collin's. No cars were there besides Collin's.

Maybe everybody walked over or Collin picked them up.

I knocked on the door. A few moments Collin answered. He doesn't have a baby face anymore. He took out his lip stud and now he has a septum piercing. He looks like he hasn't shaved a little while, he doesn't have a beard but he has scruff. It doesn't look too bad on him. His hair isn't blonde anymore, it's black and red at the tips, but still neatly combed. It's not in his face or anything but his hair is a little bit longer now. He's also skinnier and has a few tattoos.

This Collin is ruggedly sexy. Collin back in high school was terrified to dye his hair or get a tattoo. He only had the lip piercing because he was messing with a safety pin when he was fourteen and put it through his lip, he ended up liking it, so he put a stud in. His parents hated it though.