4

Mandy's POV

The next day

-

My phone buzzed excessively as I got ready for the day. Three texts from Ryan and sixteen texts from a so-called 'friend' from high school. I don't know why that 'friend' still has my number. He made it clear that he didn't want to be my friend after we graduated and he was leaving for college, and to think that was just a year ago.

I ran a brush through my hair and read the texts. The texts from Ryan were just him asking me if I'm okay. Weird. He never texts me or asks me that. I told him that I was okay and went to the clusterfuck of texts that my old friend sent me.

He started sending the texts at like four o'clock this morning. Most of them say 'hey'. Then the rest are just him explaining himself.

Like for example, the latest one says 'hey Mandy, it's me, Collin. Please text me or call me, it's important, thanks'.

Okay, it won't hurt to call him. I mean it must be pretty important since he's texting me out of the blue after a year.

I dialed the number that I knew well. I had a pretty fucked up phone when Collin and I became good friends and he gave me his number. My phone constantly deleted my very few phone numbers, so I had to memorize them all. I can tell you guys the phone numbers of old crew members, I have it down to a science.

I pressed call and waited for him to answer.

It rang three times before I heard his voice. The sweet voice I used to find comfort in.

"Mandy?" He answered.

"You wanted me to call?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, I'm back in town, I dropped out of college because Dylan got sick and mom and dad needed my help. Dylan only has about seven months left to live. He's only four, and if you can't remember, he adored you, so if he passes away, we want you there at his funeral. I know I'm not calling on the best of terms but Dylan wanted me to ask you if you would. Also, I'm sorry for being a dick and cutting off our friendship before I left for college. I want us to be best friends again, I know it'll take a while for you trust me or even like me again but yeah... I'm having a small get together tonight, so come by my place if you wanna be there" he explained.

My little Dylan is gonna die. I babysat him a lot, I love the little guy to death. He's only four. He's too young to die.

"I'll be there at the funeral, I'll attempt to be your friend again, and I'll be at your place for the get together. What time do you want me there?" I asked.

"At eight-ish. My parents and Dylan are going to my grandma's for the weekend, so my parents don't know." He said.

Typical Collin. Throwing parties behind his parents' backs.

"I'll be there, see you later" I said.

"Bye, beautiful" he said before hanging up.

I'm not gonna lie. Collin and I had a thing for each other in high school. He wasn't allowed to date me because his parents didn't like Chris and didn't want Chris hurting Collin.

We snuck the occasional pecks on lips at school and held hands a lot, that's how it was from junior year until he stopped our friendship.

I'm not gonna say he was my boyfriend, we didn't date but in a sense he was mine and I was his. He got really jealous when guys would try to flirt with me and I would get jealous when girls try to hop on his dick.

Collin was a pretty popular guy, honestly. So, it was seen as weird for him to be best friends with the 'outcast'. Just because he was popular, didn't mean I was popular by default. He was my only friend. He was only popular because he was on the football team, baseball team, cross-country team, the swim team and he was class president. He even graduated as valedictorian. So he's smart, athletic and he's kind of talented. He plays the bass guitar and was in a band for a while.

He was a very attractive guy as well. He had sandy blonde hair, it was long but he had it combed neatly most of the time. He had piercing hazel eyes and a smile to die for. He was tall, he wasn't skinny, he wasn't fat, and he wasn't buff, he was healthy. He also had a stud on the right side of his lip.

I mean, for being really popular, he was given shit for breaking up with the cheer squad captain because he had a crush on me. His ex was a conniving little bitch. So he did whatever he could to protect me from her and her army. I didn't worry too much about it since she was cheating on him the whole time they were together and she got knocked up later on that year.

Well... I think I should stop fangirling over Collin and do my chores.