20

Mandy's POV

Later that night

-

I have no leftover candy. Sigh...

But I might go to the convenience store across the street and get candy.

"You guys did great" I told dad as I put away merch.

"Thanks, kiddo" he replied.

"I'm going to 7-eleven for candy" I said.

"You're taking one of the guys with you, I don't trust this area" he said.

"Fine..." I said.

"I'll go with her, I need cigarettes" Ricky said.

"Smoking is bad for you, Rick Dick" I pointed out. He rolled his eyes, he's used to getting this speech by now. I've been nagging him about it since he joined the band.

"Whatever, come on" he laughed. We began to walk across the street to the store.

"So have you and Mike started officially dating yet?" He asked.

"No, we both really like each other but something came up and we decided to wait until like the end of tour to make it official" I told him.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I started liking Ryan and I don't want to be with Mike if I like another guy. I really like Mike but I also like Ryan. Mike suggested waiting til' the end of tour to see who I like more" I said.

"You liking Ryan explains your attitude towards him" he said as we entered 7-Eleven.

"No, I actually hated him, he hates me as well, so me hating him is how it needs to stay" I told him.

"He doesn't hate you" he repliedas we walked to the candy aisle.

"You sound like my dad" I said.

"No, seriously, he really likes you, like as more than a friend. He's just pretending that he hates you because you hate him and he's not allowed to like you as more than a friend" he said.

"Ha! Funny. If he actually liked me, he wouldn't have said that the sex he had with me, meant nothing to him" I told him.

"He probably didn't mean it. Why does it offend you? You hated him when all that happened, did you want it to mean something to him?" He asked.

"Yes- No- I don't know!" I sighed.

"Tell me the truth" he insisted as I picked up a bag of candy.

"He was my first. I thought that he'd be surprised that I gave him something important to me despite that I hated him" I said as I paid for the candy and Ricky asked for a carton of cigarettes. We paid and walked out of the store.

"I'm sure that he didn't mean what he said. I'm sure Ryan just lied to protect himself" he said.

"Yeah... He sure protected himself. He had no reason to protect himself. So..." I said.

"Just don't think about it too much, you have a boyfriend who cares about you, you don't need to worry about a guy who keeps fucking with your heart" he told me.

"How are you so wise?" I asked.

"Well... When you try to stretch the universe into a really long hotdog bun and try to fit all the stars into it, you learn somethings" he told me. That makes absolutely no sense. It's giving me a headache, just thinking about it.

"You do realize that you made absolutely no sense right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I only said that to confuse you" he said. I rolled my eyes as we walked onto the bus.

"You're so weird, Ricky" I laughed.

"It's what I'm best at" he said.

"True. I'm gonna go pig out on my candy" I said.

"Have fun with your sugar induced coma" he said.

"Will do!" I said as I walked towards the back lounge.

I got back there and ripped open the bag of candy. I looked up to see Ryan. Every. Fucking. Time.

"Can I have a piece?" He asked.

"No" I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because I'm a bitch and I'm on my period" I said, lying about the period part.

"You're not on your period. You're not complaining about cramps" he said. Damn it. He can see right through me.

"You caught me" I said, throwing a piece of candy at him.

"Why have you been hanging out with Mike from The Devil Wears Prada so much?" He asked.

"Because he's kind of my boyfriend" I said. All the emotions looked like they drained out of his face. He stared at me blankly.

"Th- that's great" he said, smiling. His smile looked fake as fuck.

"You don't need to pretend to be happy for me" I said.

"No. I am happy for you" he said.

"I can tell by the sound of your voice that you're not happy. Quit pretending" I said.

"Fine. I'm not happy that you're with him. It's not like it fucking matters" he said.

"Why does it not matter?" I asked.

"Because I really fucking like you. I hate it. I want to hate you. I can't like you. You have a boyfriend and your dad would fucking kill me" he said.

Ricky was right.

I got up and walked out.

I don't know what to think.