Chapter Twenty: The Stars

• Dedicated to For Me :) For Reaching Chap 20

Noah’s P.O.V

It’s been half an hour since everyone has fallen asleep, but I can’t seem to find the peace that they all have. But then again I haven’t really slept much since I was given the label of the Omega. My loving parents turning into a couple of hatful snakes wishing they could wrap their hands around my throat and squeeze.

Squeeze….

And squeeze until I take my last breath. Until the lights fade from my brown-red eyes. Until my body goes limp in their hands.

Until I’m dead!

Now with Amethyst back and her turning on them just like that, I know for sure that they are going to hate me even more. They’re going to have talks at our old dining room table about how they’re going to kill me.

Quite it Noah! You have your sister back you should be thinking positively! I growl at myself as I turn my head to look at my sister.

She’s changed, besides growing up into a young lady. Her black hair longer than when I last saw her, but it’s her eyes that have me shocked. They used to be light grey-blue, everyone used to comment on how beautiful they were, now there cold silver. Calculating and observing everything before her.

But I’m just happy to have her back. She was always my favourite out of my family; always the one I’d try to spend as much time with as I could. Then to be roughly shaken awake and told that she was gone….. Taken. I wasn’t sure how I would live, if I even would.

But some part of me deep down knew that someday she’ll return that she’ll find her way back to us. To me.

The scars are new though, but I guess I can’t expect anything else when she was kidnapped by the only Pack in our vicinity that loves to take young werewolves in as sex slaves…. But I can look past that; the scars are just an ugly reminder of her past. We’ll look to the future for our second chance.

Maybe I can too….. I think as I slowly turn my head toward my mate. Maybe this means we all get a second chance, to live our lives like they were meant to.

My eyes slowly take in the sleeping features of Claude’s face as he sleeps, twitching every now and then. Uttering my name and his brothers as he dreams of something dark. I never knew who my mate was; I knew they were keeping them from me. But a male! Was not what I was expecting. Especially Claude one of the Beta’s sons. That’s what shocked my when he found me at the pack meeting.

Sighing softly I get up stretching my sore limbs I move outside. The cool air hits my face as I take in the darkened sky, little stars twinkling, watching everything that’s happening to us.

It’s said that those stars are our werewolf ancestors and that they are up there to watch over and guide us. I just think that that’s a load of crap! Because they don’t care about what happens to us, it’s not there world anymore, they’ve moved on.

Moving over to the pile of firewood near one of the trees I bring a couple more decent size branches over to my fire place out front the tent, placing them on the side I relight the fire and shove them in to help it stay lit for longer. Then I just sit on the ground leaning back against a large log I pulled in as a make shift seat.

Gazing up at the sky I stare at the stares wondering if maybe they truly are our ancestors but I push that thought out of my mind as soon as it enters because I know that it’s not true. That it’s a lie just to make the Pups of the Pack feel safe.

I glance behind me as the tent flap is pulled to the side and Claude steps out his eyes immediately locking onto me. He stretches his arms before he comes over sitting beside me. “Noah?” He asks in a quiet voice.