Wow, You're Perfect

My phone began obnoxiously ringing, "Hello", I groan.

"Hello Miss Konn, my name is Mrs. Deyes and I'm one of the counselors here at Slade University. I want to talk to you about your application's status"

I quickly sat up from my bed and I felt my nervousness come about, "Oh good morning Mrs. Deyes, is everything okay with my application?"

"Everything is fine, I would like to congratulate you on your acceptance to Slade University of Fine Arts. I was wondering if you can quickly stop by the school today, you must pick up your schedule. I must apologize for the last minute meet up but it's been a hectic day. School is about to begin in a few days and well, we must have everything prepared for our students"

I smiled from ear to ear, I could not believe it! I was trying to contain my screaming, so I tried to let it out with a small squeal.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much and believe you me, I will not disappoint. I will give it my all! And do no apologize, I am available to make it today. What time would you like me to be there?"

"Wonderful! I'm sure you will be an excellent student. As for what time is appropriate for you to stop by, I was hoping you would come in right now. Like I said before, I do really apologize for the last minute setting"

"No worries, I'll head over there right now. Thanks so much Mrs. Deyes!"

She laughed, "Excellent, I'll see you in a few my dear. And no need to thank me, your interest in art is welcomed. Goodbye"

"Bye!" I cheered

I ended the call and fell back onto the bed, "I can't believe this is really happening"

I picked up my phone again and dialed Matthew.

It didn't even finish ringing once when Matthew answered, "Hello? Marceline?"

"Hey Matthew, listen I'm sorry I didn't call sooner but-"

"I thought something bad happened to you! You didn't call or text and I couldn't even call you because every time I did, the call dropped. I seriously thought I lost you"

"I was busy finding a job and applying to a university, I'm sorry. But trust me, you crossed my mind a lot"

"You did too Mars" he breathed, "Listen, about that day-"

"It's forgotten", I said, "I'm starting a life in a new country and I don't want anything from NY to keep me from enjoying it. You've grown on me for so long that I don't want to lose my best friend"

"Yeah, neither do I" he took a pause, "How are things over there by the way?"

"It's truly been amazing Matt. I got a job yesterday and I just got a call from a university that I got accepted to. All I'm waiting for is a scholarship to help pay for tuition and I'll be set"

"I'm so proud of you Marceline, congratulations!" he cheered, "I'm not surprised to be honest, you're always on top of things"

"Thank you Matthew, it means a lot to me. How are things over there?"

"Not much has changed, only your location" he chuckled, "So tell me, have you made any friends yet?"

"Yes, I have. I got a job at this bookstore and the owner of the shop, her name is Abbey, helped me get into this university called Slade University. And I also bumped into this skate boy while I was exploring the campus. His name is Sam Pepper and I met his best friend, Maz as well. They seem pretty cool and we a few things in common"

"They aren't disrespectful to you, right?"

"Of course not Matthew! If they were, they sure as hell wouldn't be my friends"