Chapter Forty Two

Parker's POV

Something weird is going on.

Really weird.

It's kind of freaking me out actually.

Brock was smiling.

Fax was smiling.

Even Thea was smirking when she thought I wasn't looking.

Like I said something weird was going on.

"Ahem." I heard Thea say from behind me.

"Hell Yes! The catchphrase is back!" I said spinning around while simultaneously putting my hand up for a high five.

She just shot me one of those looks. Those Thea looks where her face scrunches up and she is scowling. The face she makes when she's unimpressed.

The face she's constantly making around you, then?

I'm making that face at you now.

You are aware I can't see you?

Yes....

"Hellllooo Parker?" she asked rolling out the 'hello'.

"Yeah.Sorry. What is it?" I asked snapping out of my argument.

"Don't you mean what do you want! You're standing in front of my locker." She pointed out smiling.

I quickly looked to my side and saw I was in fact leaning against the her locker.

"Sorry." I said flashing a look of apology.

"No worries."She chuckled going over to open her locker once I had stepped away.

I hovered next to her as she started shuffling stuff around in her locker.

"Soo..." I asked.

"Sooooo..." She repeated but more dramatically.

"So what's been going on then?" I asked leaning against the locker.

"What do you mean?"She asked in return taking out her book and shutting the door.

She leaned against it turning to face me.

"I mean you've been acting weird today and I wanted to know if you were, okay?" I slightly concerned at her.

I watched her physically tense before relaxing again.

"I'm fine." she replied putting her hand on my cheek comfortingly.

I leaned into it slightly.

Taking comfort in her touch.

I felt the sparks and I know she could feel it too.

"You're sure?" I asked once again once she put her hand back down.

"Pretty sure. I'm actually really great." she smiled launching off her locker and walking down the hall.

"Oh really." I said running a little to catch up with her.

The sunlight was hitting her in the right way and her hair was flowing because of the gentle breeze. She looked so beautiful. Like always. I can't believe I threw that away. I must have really been stupid.

"Yep," she smiled stopping and turning around to look at me.

Her eyes were bright blue and beautiful. I'd never seen them so bright before. She had the largest smile on her face and couldn't help but return it.

"You're only feeling great because you're are with me." I teased winking playfully.

She raised her eyebrows.