Chapter Forty One

Thea's POV

"I thought you said you were handling it?" I demanded as we walked through halls of the Undercover unit.

The hallways was busy full of agents and workers but they all seemed to move out the way for us. So our path was clear.

Clear for us to argue.

"I am. It's just taking longer than expected." Winslow explained keeping up with me.

"That's not good enough!"I sighed stopping right by the main entrance of the unit.

"T, calm down. I will fix it, okay?" he chuckled putting his hands on my shoulders and staring at me dead in the eyes.

"Okay. Fine, I trust you." I answered not fully satisfied. I looked quickly at my watch,"I have to go."

I turned and began to push the doors.

"Wait." he demanded after me.

I let the doors swing right back at me.

"What?" I questioned turning back round.

"Isn't there something you need to tell me?" he asked putting on this sickeningly sweet voice.

"Noooooo." I dragged out confused positioning myself back right in front of him.

"Oh really? Nothing about a certain soon to be Alpha?" he asked shoving his hands in his pockets and leaning forward.

His smirk was practically ear to ear.

"No." I stated.

"You're lying." he singsonged.

"Am not"

"Are to"

"Am not"

This would have continued if someone hadn't walked through the door and gave us both a funny look.

"You're acting like a child!" I snapped.

"The only child here is you." he attempted to say before sticking his tongue out.

I mimicked his action before continuing to scowl at him.

"But seriously T. You have been spending a lot of time together the last few weeks." he observed.

"We're just friends." I said confidently.

"Oh really?" he asked.

"Yeah," I began,"He's not like he was before. He's different now."

"A good different?" he probed.

"A really good different. He's actually not that bad. He's actually funny and sweet and..." I began ramble.

"And hot." he finished for me teasingly.

"No. I mean, yes. In a literal sense yes he is what would be considered hot but that doesn't mean I think he is. Not that I'm saying he's not attractive. I'm just not interested." I continued to ramble.

God, what's wrong with me?

"You like him don't you?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"In a friendship sense yes in a romantic one..." I began to explain before trailing off once again.

"Also yes." he added smiling.

I hit him in the arm and he faked pain.

"I don't know. We've only really been friends for a few weeks." I started.

"And that's longer than you've know any of your other boyfriends or should I say flings." he teased.

"Yeah but Parker's different." I stated.