"Forrest Dumb"

Riv's p.o.v.

Des ran in tired and out of breath as I strap up my guitar. "Dude, where were you and why are you so out of breath?" Kat's eyebrows raise in confusion. "I...had to...do...something..." Des pants. Claire stands up and walk over to help Des get ready. "What exactly did you have to do, Forrest Dumb?" Kat teases. "Ha ha. I had to set something straight with Jamie's new girlfriend."  She mumbled. I smirked. "Ooh! Someone likes Jaime!" She glared at me. "No, I don't! I like-..someone else.." She blushes and Kat tackles her onto the couch. "Who! Who! Is he nice?! Is he cool?! Do they have potty problems?!" Me and Claire looked at each other and shrugged before jumping onto Kat and Des. "Guys!..Can't...Breath!" We giggle and roll off her. Somehow, Kat ended up on the floor making whale noises. "Dude, what the fuck are you doing?" I laugh and she shrugs, leaning up on her elbows.  "But seriously, who?" Des blushed. "Where's that pizza?" I narrowed my eyes at her as she stood up and 'searched' for it. I sighed noting she's not good with explaining her feelings. "Just tell us, Des, no holding back." She nods and sits back down. "I may or may not have a thing for Chris..." She looked around at us, biting her lip. I smiled. "Nice. Chris is cool." The other two agreed. "But, enough with my love life. Claire, what's up with you and Johnnie?" I smirk at her and she nervously bites her nails. "This is supposed to be warm-ups, not Dr.Phil!" We all laugh. "So, you like him, too, huh? I could totally see him asking you out soon." Kat drops the subtle hint. I looked at her and gave the signal. She smiled and got up, tackling Claire. "I thought we were done with the tackling?! We aren't football players ya' know!" I quickly get up and open the door that she's been staring at all night and let Johnnie out. "Hurry, before she goes she-hulk on us!" I whisper. He chuckled and ran out of the room. Tricking your friends for their own good. What?! They weren't doing anything. We jumped in and saved the day. Simple logic, people! "Girls!" We all faced Alex Gaskarth. "Yeah, Dad?" He laughed and picked up Kat off of Claire. "You're on in ten! You excited?" He smiles wide. You can tell how proud he is of her. He has been supportive this whole tour and now that there is only a week and a half left, he's even more proud. You can see it in his smile. "Yeah! I'm stoked! This tour has been awesome! I'm kinda sad that it's almost over." She pouts. "Yeah, I know. Me too, but we get to go see pops and grams for Christmas remember?" I smile. Isobel and Peter absolutely adored Kat from the first day they met her. She was their little girl just as much as they were his. At least, that's what Peter says. "Yeah! It's gonna be so fun! You guys are coming, too, right?" I shrugged. "I guess, we haven't seen them in a while. When are you going?" She looks at Alex. "The week of, probably Sunday."
"Cool." We high-five each other and a guitar tech comes in. "Side-stage, you're on in five!" He winks at Des and she rolls her eyes. "I told you already--frequently, even. I. Do. Not. Like. You. Jesus christ, man, move on already!" He just smirks. "Okay, I see. You don't like me...for now.." He walks away calmly and Des shudders. "Who was that?" Kat asks and Alex smirked. "Looks like Destiny has a secret admirer." She glared. "It's only a secret if you don't know about it..." She grumbled and Alex frowned. "What's wrong?" He sat next to her and she sighed. "He's been really creepy lately, texting me wierd shit, staring at me, constantly trying to touch me. I don't know, maybe I'm just over dramatic." She nervously bit her lip as I stood up abruptly. "No." She looked at me, shocked. Pretty sure they all were. But, this happened once before. I knew what came next and I'm damn sure not letting it happen. "W-what?" I shook my head frantically and paced the floor. "We are not letting this happen, not again." Kat and Claire nodded and Alex and Des looked confused. "Do you think he works for-" I cut Kat off with a shrug. "Oh my god." Claire starts hyperventilating and Alex stops everything and tries to help her. "Claire, deep breaths. Come on. You can do it." I see her cry and run over to hug her.
"I'm going away for a while, but i'll be back don't try and follow me. 'Cuz I'll return as soon as possible. You see, I'm trying to find my place. It might not be here where I feel safe..."
Singing that song got me more emotional than I thought it would. What was once just scribbles on paper, turned into my life in a song. It's amazing, really. I feel her stop shaking and relax but continue singing. She sniffles and looks up at me. "T-that was beautiful, you made that?" I blush and nod. "We gotta put that on the new album, Riv!" Kat screamed excited. I roll my eyes and laugh. "It's not even done yet, calm down." Des raised an eyebrow. "What's it called? I mean, you wrote a song and sometimes the titles go deeper than the lyrics. So, what's it called?" I smile proud of her for being serious with the topic. True, she can be serious with certain things but, this song is special to me. I felt like it's a door into my life. Tony hasn't even heard it yet. I don't even think my dad has. But, their response to it means everything to me. "Misguided Ghosts." She smiled. "Perfect."

[Edited]