"Watch Me"

Oh Calamity-All Time Low

~ Destiny's p.o.v. ~

*3 months later*

"He's not going! I won't let him!" I cry, putting on my jacket. Today was Sonny's trail and i wasn't letting him go to jail. It wasn't an option at all. I stayed up all night working on my claim and skipped soundcheck today. I was going to make this right. By now, the boot was off and I could move around freely again. I was glad to say the least, I couldn't do half the stuff I wanted to with that stupid thing. "Destiny, think about what you're doing right now! You can't just go down to the court and plead he's not guilty!" Dad tried to reason. I rolled my eyes and walked to the door. "Watch me." Maddy stands up and stops me. "They dismiss the whole case, Shane goes free. Do you really want that? For you? For us? For anyone?" I gulped. "They wouldn't let that asshole out...would they?" She nods and I turn and look at dad. "You have to stay out of this one, Destiny. Innocent people can get hurt if he's out. Let's just wait and see what happens." I sighed and sat down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder. The bus door opened and Dylan stumbled in. "W-what's g-going on-n?" She slurred. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Like you'd care.." Maddy sat next to me and kissed my head. "Excus-se me?! I am your mothe-r!" She slurred again. I stood up slowly and glared at her. I looked down at her arm and noticed she had red rashes. The hell is that? "You are the woman that gave birth to me. Not my mother. Mothers care for their kids when they're sick, they take them to the doctor when they feel worse, stay by their sides when no one else is, and they even-god forbid-hug them! Maddy is more of a mother to me then you ever were, Dylan! You had me and left dad! Who the fuck does that?!" She narrows her eyes at me and raises her hand, slapping me across the face and I whimper on the floor. Maddy immediately jumps on her and tackles her to the floor, punching and slapping her. Dad ran over and helped me up. I looked down and saw needles fall out of Dylan's coat pocket. "What the hell?!" Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. Dylan's eyes were slightly shut as she gave a dazed grin. "The fuck were these doing in your pockets, Dylan?!" I screamed, holding the needles as far as possible. "R-relax I was just having a little fun-n!" She then giggles and started going into a laughing fit. "What the hell?! Dylan, this isn't fucking okay! You're taking heroin! How is-" She stops laughing and her eyes droop closed. I shake her but she doesn't wake up. "D-dylan?" I looked at Dad and he opened her eye. "Dylan?" She's silent for a minute but her mouth starts to foam and she shakes violently. "DYLAN?! OH MY GOD!" Maddy takes out her phone and dials the ambulance.

~*~

"I didn't even know...all this time...I ignored her, yelled at her, fought with her...how could I not know?!" Maddy cried from me and dad's lap. I shook my head and brushed my fingers through her hair. "You couldn't have known, Maddy, she was always a bitch to everyone. It was hard to know what was going on." She shook her head and sniffled. "She wasn't like that before she started the partying and all that crazy shit. Before that, she was nice and sweet and helping. She cared about everyone. It's like those drugs melted that away from her. All of it. It changed her and she got deeper into that shit. She became hooked I guess and she was always a bitch. She just smoked and drank on the bus. I thought that was all she did. But, now that I'm finding out this? It's like a stab in the chest. I could've helped her if I wouldn't have been a selfish, grudge-holding, bitch." I sighed and looked at dad for help. "You aren't any of those things, Maddy. Not a single one. She was just great at hiding things and keeping secrets." He kissed her head and she sniffled. The doctor finally came out with a grim look on his face.  We all stood up and walked to him. "So?" He sighed and brought out his clipboard. "She's finally stable. We had to pump her stomach and have some surgery to get the heroin and various other drugs out of her system. She is going to be fine," We all let out a breath of relief. "She's going to need to stay overnight. We recommend she goes to therapy. It's the best choice for her and everyone's safety." He handed us a pamphlet and walked away. "Therapy? Like,...rehab?" Maddy whispers, mostly to herself. I wrap an arm around her and kissed her temple. "It's the best choice right now." She let out a deep breath and nods. "Do you want to go in and see her?" Dad asks cautiously. She shook her head. "Not like this. I need to see her when she's better...in rehab." She said the last words and scrunched her nose up like it was a curse on her tongue. I know I should feel bad for Dylan, but, I don't. Right now, the only person I feel bad for is Maddy. Her best friend lied to her, slept with her crush, and then had his baby. But, here she is. Still caring about her, crying for her. "That's gonna be a while until she gets better. Are you sure?" Dad clarified. She looked down the hall at Dylan's room and nods. "Yeah,...yeah, I'm sure." He kissed her head and pulled her along with me out of the hospital. "Let's go.." She stopped. "Wait,...See you soon, Dyls." She gave a small smile and blew a kiss down the hall. We walked to the car and got in, heading back to the venue.

[Edited]