"It Takes A Real Hero"

~Claire's P.O.V.~

I cranked my eyes open slightly at the sound of someone singing. I smirked gently but pretended to be asleep so they wouldn't stop. I pretended to stir and peeked slightly. I saw Vic and a lady with dark green hair singing to River. I'm glad to see her happy but, i can't be. Not like this. My parents and sister meant the world to me..as far as i can remember. I get these mini flashbacks from time to time of the same memory.

*~Flashback~*

There was a little girl giggling and running with a little blonde headed one. The little girl that looked oldest had brown hair and emerald green eyes like me. The blonde one jumped into a leaf pile and giggled. I smile and jump in too. A pair of arms sneak behind them and throws them into the air playfully. "DADDY! DADDY! YOU'RE HOME!" He nods and chuckles pretending to be an airplane, 'flying' them around in circles. He throws them back into the pile and tickles them. A lady walks over and joins in. They, overall, look like a happy family. A loving family. They hug-

And just as quick as the memory comes, it's gone. I wish that i could have that back. Those fun and loving memories from then. But, now they're just replaced with nightmares. The horrible things that happened in that warehouse. A single tear goes down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away and attempt to sleep again. Where's Kellin? He was laying next to me earlier? I can't help but think i might've pushed him away too. Today was going great for me. Maybe, it wasn't for him? As if on cue, he came in with two cups of coffee and my medication. I gave a smug grin before going back to pretending to sleep. He set the cups down on my tray and climbed back in next to me. "Claire? Claiirrre,...I got you your medication. I know your not sleeping..." I glared at nothing in particular visualizing his face. "I don't need to take it right now. I have to take it at 10.." He sighs and gently helps me sit up. "It's 10:20. C'mon you gotta take it, Claire..." I groaned and rolled my eyes. "I don't want to.." He rolled the tray/cart over and gave the pill and coffee to me. "They're letting me have coffee but, i can't skip my medication once? How does that make any sense?!" He played with the hem of his shirt. "Well, i convinced them with the coffee. But, i think it's best if you take the medication..." I looked at him in shock. "It doesn't matter what you think. I don't need it! I feel fine!" I set the coffee down and rolled to my side. "Claire, i know what's best for you. You need to take-" I quickly got up and winced in pain but shook it off. "I don't care! YOU AREN'T MY DAD! NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU TRY TO BE, KELLIN! YOU'RE JUST NOT!" I ripped the iv out and ran to the elevator. "Claire? Where are you going?! Claire?!" Kat quickly followed me inside before the door closed in front of everyone's faces. She held onto the bar out of breath and i leaned on the wall. "Why...did you..run?" She wheezed. I shrugged and waited for the ding until i spoke. I felt like the elevator was not the place to have this type of conversation. I walked out onto the roof and sat on the floor. She reluctantly followed me out. "I-..you know how i have these flashbacks?" She nods, remembering the many times i told her about them. "Well, i feel like...i don't know..if i get adopted, i'm betraying my family. Ya' know?" Kat tilts her head to the side and asks,"How's that?" I abruptly stand up and pace. "They were so good to me...i had to have done something to end up in that warehouse. I probably ran away or something-i don't know. But, they were nothing but perfect to me. I messed it all up.....i'm always doing that, Kat. I'm a home-wrecker.." I sit down and put my head in my hands. "You're not a home-wrecker, Claire. You are one of the most awesome human beings I've ever met! You guys are my icons! I look up to you and River. How you guys hung in there so long. How you only look at the bright sides of situations. It takes a real hero to do what you guys did. Not even they can do it! Most of all,...you're my sister. I won't let anything happen to you and River...I love you guys." I smiled teary eyed and looked up to see her crying silently. Oh no, not her. I didn't mean for this to happen. I shook my head and opened my arms. She fell into them and cried into my shirt. I brushed through her hair with my fingertips. "Shh, don't cry, Kat. I'm here...i'm here." It's weird really. Me and River feel like more of moms to Kat than sisters. We tried our best to take care of her the moment she came. We gave her bites of our food and saved enough for us to survive off of. We love each other in an incredible way. It's like even though we aren't blood related we feel like we are. She finally stopped crying so i decided to just rock her until the sniffles stop. I remembered a few of the lyrics from earlier but only one meant something in that moment. "Darlin' you'll be okay.." She smiled and looked up at me. "Thanks, Claire Bear.." I smiled and nodded. "No problem, Katalyn.." I decided in that moment that i would try. For her. For River...For Kellin.

Awww, wasn't that cute?! I am honestly asking...i have no idea..Anyways, vote,comment and read more!

[Edited]