"Tamato, Tamoto"

Yes, Shawn Mendes is Destiny's Boyfriend... Don't hate. Anyway Video is the song and yeah!

~Destiny's P.O.V.~

3 hours earlier...

"Des, GET UP!" I groaned and rolled to my side snuggling into the blanket again. "Fine..then you leave me no choice.." I peeked out of one eye. Let's just say, i was a bit too late. A air horn went off and a huge bucket of water came crashing down on my head. "WHAT THE-" I frantically searched for the person that poured it on me. Only to see my dad smiling smugly. "REALLY?! WAS THAT NECESSARY?!" He smirked and nodded. "Sure it was!" He blew the air horn again and i flinched. "I tried to wake you up 12 times already! Wake up!" I rolled my eyes and wiped the hair that was sticking to my forehead into a pony tail. "One, i am awake, genius. Two, you couldn't think of, i don't know, being a normal dad and shaking me awake?!" I growled. He chuckled. "When have you ever known me to be normal?!" True. He blew the air horn again. "I SWEAR TO GOD, DAD. IF THAT THING GOES OFF ONE MORE TIME I'M SHOVING IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!!" He pursed his lips and placed it in my awaiting hand. I sighed and set it on my bedside table. "Besides, what am i waking up for so early?" He laughed and pointed to the clock. "It's four-thirty, Des..." I sighed and shrugged. "Tamato, Tamoto." He sat at my desk and turned the office chair to face me. "You remember when Alex, Vic, and Kellin made the announcement about the whole adoption deal?" I nodded and got up grabbing a towel and drying my head. "Yeah, what about it- IS THAT TODAY?!" He smiled and nodded. "Yup! We were suppose to be at the hospital an hour ago but, hey fashionably late works too. By the way, put on your 'Jagk' shirt." I gawked at him. "There is no way i'm wearing that, Dad..." He pouted and slouched in his chair. "Why not? What's wrong with the 'Jagk' shirt?" I face-palmed. "Nothing! Well, nothing besides, the fact it's a 'Jagk' shirt..." He mocked a hurt expression. "How dare you?!" I giggled and played it off with a smirk. "Oh, i dare!" He shook his head, a smile evident on his face. "Anyway, me and the guys are headin' over there if you wanna get a ride?" I shook my head. "Thanks, anyway, dad. I have to go talk to Luna." He smiled and nodded. "Okay, be you better be there BEFORE six." I nodded. "Got it." I started pushing him to the door. "I mean it, Destiny!" I nodded annoyed. "Yeah, yeah! Now, go!" I shut the door and kept drying my hair before picking out an outfit. "Why not?" I grabbed the shirt and matched it with my favorite pair of skinny jeans and converse. "Ugh, i cant believe i'm doin' this.." I thought out loud. I looked at my bed and then the clock and shrugged. "Eh, i got time." I belly flopped onto my bed and fell back to sleep.

Present...

I ran down the hall only to be stopped by Uncle Alex. "Whoa, where's the fire, mini Barakat?" I breathlessly waved him off and walked around looking for my dad. "Did you bring your inhaler?!" I nodded and pointed to my backpack. He spun me around and quickly searched for it. I was close to an asthma attack when he finally dug it out and handed it to me. I wheezed and kept my hands on my knees, attempting to slow my heavy breathing. "Look at me, Dezzy." I glanced up to see him guiding movements for me to try. I nodded and pumped the air in my mouth while copying him. "Better?" I nodded and stood up straight. "Better. Thanks, Uncle Alex. Hey, uh, have you seen my dad?" He nodded and pointed towards Dad and Jenna. I smiled at him and made my way over to my dad. "Hey, Dad. Sorry, i'm late.." He spun around and glared at me. This isn't the dad i normally see so of course i was a little frightened at the moment. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! IT'S NINE O'CLOCK! I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU 6!" I nodded and hung my head. "I know and i'm sorry i-" He walked around me and marched to a vending machine. "Save it!" I stood there awkwardly, my eyes never leaving him. Jenna already went inside leaving us to 'talk'. "Dad, if you just give me a second to explain! I-" He shook his head and held a broken look. "I just needed you to listen to me one time, Destiny! Just one time! Is that too much to ask?!" He pushed past me and i stepped in front of him again. "WHY ARE YOU SO MAD?! YOU'D NEVER BE MAD AT ME OVER SOMETHING THIS....THIS..STUPID!" It was a good thing no one we know was in the hall or we would have gotten way more looks than we did. But, i didn't care! He was being ridiculous! I'm late all the time! What's the big deal?! "You never listen to me and i'm tired of it! Everyone thinks i'm a terrible parent because of all the stupid stuff i let you do! I can't take it anymore! Your mom's not here to help me and it's hard to do this alone! IT'S HARD BEING BOTH PARENTS! BUT, YOU DON'T GET OR CARE ABOUT THAT!" I felt a pang of guilt run through me like a virus. He's right, i don't listen. I don't know why. I just do what i want. But, that doesn't mean he is a bad parent because of it. "Dad, you aren't a bad parent." I breathed. He shook his head and walked into the room leaving me in the hall alone. Well, until i see Shawn and Luna's heads pop around the corner. I sighed and sat against the wall, they did the same. "I guess you heard that, huh?" I stared off into space. "Honey, i'm pretty sure Europe heard..." She joked. I chuckled a little before breaking into a small cry. She frowned and wrapped her arm around me. Shawn kissed my head and gave me a tight hug. I sobbed into his shirt. "It's okay, Des, let it out." I felt him lay his chin on the top of my head. "It's just, h-he's never yelled at me like that before. I-I don't know what to do." Luna nodded and rubbed my back. "He's just in a lot of pain."

"C-can you sing for me?" It was barely a whisper but luckily Shawn heard it. He cracked a small smile. "Yeah, what song?" I shrugged and snuggled closer to him, bringing my knees to my chest tightly. "Anything, besides All Time Low or Blood On The Dance Floor." He laughed and nodded. I felt him take in a long breath before his soft voice bounced through the empty hallway.

"I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Together we can just let go
Pretend like there's no one else here that we know
Slow dance fall in love as the club track plays
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Come out tonight, come out tonight
There's no one standing in your way
Come out tonight, come out tonight
We don't care what them people say

We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Life of the party
So don't let them keep you down
Oh you know you can't give up
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party..."

He let his voice slowly fade out. I smirked and smacked his arm. He chuckled knowing why. It was the song he sang when we first met.