"People Do It All The Time"

~Destiny' s p.o.v.~

I took a deep breath and faced the other three. "Guys? Shawn called-" I said shyly, only to be cut off immediately. "What?!" They shriek in unison. It had been a few months since Kat got out of the hospital. Alex was engaged, again, Kat and Claire were recovering, and the most recent one. My wonderful ex-boyfriend called trying to get back together, note the extreme amount of sarcasm. There was no way I was getting back together with that ass! He may be cute, but he isn't that cute. "Yeah, he had the nerve to ask for a do-over! Can you believe that?!" I huffed flopping onto the couch next to Riv. "The boy's got balls i'll give him that." Claire remarked. I giggled and nodded. "Are you going to give him another chance?" Riv asked getting straight to the point, like always. "Can you fly?" I asked back. "Well.." Claire attempted. "Hell no!" I looked at her like she was insane. Which, for a second, she might've been if she thought I was actually considering it. "Why not?!" Kat pouted and whined. I gave her 'the look' now instead of Riv. Claire laughed. "Simple answer, Kitty, you know what? I'll spoil you. Simple three. If you can guess, i'll go on stage tonight in nothing but my redsox jersey." I smirked and watched her struggle to come up with a formidable answer. "I'll take the challenge!" Emily smiled walking in. I nodded and leaned up on my elbows. "One, you're in the middle of tour. Two, judging by everyone's facial expressions he must be a complete douche. And finally, three, you don't find him attractive anymore." My jaw dropped and I clapped for her. That was the exact list down to the 't'. "Maybe she's a mind reader?" Riv joked. We laughed and I agreed. "Girls! You're on in five!" We nodded excitedly and clamber to side-stage. "Ah ah ah! No you don't! Strip of everything and reach for your jersey missy!" I glared playfully at Claire but gave in and walked back to the dressing room, doing as she said. "Our band is going downhill after this.." I mumble looking at my myself in the mirror. The jersey was baggy and lagged off my thin frame. Maybe, it dosen't look as bad as I think? "Three min-Woah, did you get hotter since the last time i was in here?! I swear to fucking- I was gone for two minutes, woman! Jesus christ!" I blushed at the compliment and pushed past him. "Hey, Des!" I froze and slowly turned and faced my dad. "Hey, daddy. W-what's up?" He smirked and walked over. "Why are you only wearing a baseball jersey?" I shrugged. "Thought it'd be cool. Need to start a trend somehow." He shook his head. "People do it all the time after sex, Des." I shrugged again. "Why should they have all of the fun?" He smiled wide and high-fived me. "That's m'girl. Ready for the show?" I nodded. "Nervous though." He put both hands on my shoulders. "You'll do great! You always do. Just keep your head up and-" I smiled catching on and join in. "Tell as many inappropriate jokes as possible." We say in unison. It's practically become our family motto at this point. "Good luck out there!" I ran over to the girls and nodded. "Girls! You're on!" We did our chant and ran out starting the set list. "HELLO, NEW ZEALAND! HOW ARE YOU DOIN' TONIGHT?!" Kat and Riv screamed. I smiled as the crowed roared in response. "First off, let us introduce ourselves! On the drums in only a baseball jersey we have the sexy beast, Destiny Barakaat!" I did a small drumline and picked up my mic. "What's up, New Zealand?!" I got screams in response. "In the words of the great Jack Barakat, FUCK YEAHH!" I smiled as the crowd repeated it and walked down to stand next to Riv. "By the way,..before I forget." I kissed her and ran back to the drumset. Then I looked back to see her roll her eyes at the several 'Barrentes' posters that went up. I smirked proud of my work and let Kat continue. "We have River Fuentes on guitar!" She waved and flicked me off. "We all know you want to." Claire giggled and I winked. Riv shook her head and turned back around. "Last, but definitely not least, Claire Quinn on bass!" She got screams so she threw a few picks. "And together we make one of the newest bands in Hopeless, Hollowed Dreams!" We changed the name slightly seeing as the last one didn't roll of the tongue as well, ya' know? The room shook with screams this time and I embraced this moment. I knew it would happen again, but it still amazed me. "But! Just because we're new to the scene doesn't mean we don't have a fanbase! Where are all my Dizzy Dreamers?!" The spotlight went on and searched the crowd. Lots of hands rose which surprised us. Half of this crowd came here to see us. That's not something to take for granted.

~Halfway through the show~

"Okay, so that was called Regretfully! This next song, is a cover song, it's been out for about a week but we got a sneak peek of it from Claire and Kellin. Speaking of.." Riv waved to side stage, queuing Kellin to walk out. Girls released earsplitting shreaks and I laughed. "Everybody this is my dad, Kellin. He's amazing at everything he does. From taking care of me, Copeland, Rowan and Liam, to singing, to designing for his clothing line. He is truly a hardworking dude. I honestly don't get how he does it. He tours all the time but still makes room for family and friends. Well, I think he makes room for fun but, you never know.." Everyone laughed and Claire continued. "He's an awesome dad. I don't care about bloodline. He's mine no matter what. I love you, daddy." He smiled and hugged her, kissing her hair. I hopped down and walked over to sidestage dragging my dad up. "Your turn, fatass." He laughed and I grabbed the mic. "Okay, so i'm not good with 'feelings' 'cos you know...ew." Everyone laughed and I smirked. "But here goes, You dont have to be anything besides you, dad. Because you're awesome whether you like it or not. Yeah, that's the best I got...uh...love you." He chuckled and hugged me sitting next to Kellin afterwards. "Papa?! Bring that mexican ass of yours out here!" Riv giggled while Vic slowly approached her. "It's okay, dad. We don't bite!" I grabbed the mic again. "Speak for yourself." Then I nibbled on her earlobe. More 'Barrentes' shippers freaked out and Riv just wrapped an arm around Vic. "Guys, this little guy is the amazing man I get to call my dad. He's seen it all. From breakups to make-up. He is forever scarred by both most likely." She laughed and continued. "But, he stayed. Through all of it. Not many people get to say that but, I do. I know I can be a real pain in the ass at times but, he didn't care. He doesn't care. He looks past that and sees me for who I am. He is my idol and my hero. Love ya', pops!" She kissed his cheek and Kellin patted his lap. Vic rolled his eyes and sat down next to Jack. Kellin pouted and everyone giggled. Don't know why dad did though. But it was funny. "Yo, Gaskarth! Andrews! Jardine! Come out here!" They came out smiling and holding hands, Tay walking behind, still a huge smile on her face. "You guys are all three the best parents a girl could ask for. I know the truth but still treat you all the same. We have been through a lot. All of us. As a family. And that's why we chose this song. Go have a seat gorgeous mothers and brick-faced father." She giggled as he shoved her slightly. "Please you get your good looks from-" Emily swiped the mic. "Me! Duh!" Everyone laughs as they make their way to their seats.
"I wrote this song for my father. Sometimes I feel he never gave a damn about me. Though he raised me like he should did he understand me? No, no, I don't think so. I wrote this song for my mother. She had to leave me when I was younger..."

~After Show~

"Mini Gaskarth, Barakat, Quinn, and Fuentes! You got an interview in the green room in ten! Go back to ATL's bus and freshen up. Be back in five or else you sleep on the passenger seat." Tehran yelled. We nodded and made our way to the bus, following orders. That passenger seat hurts like hell in the morning so there was no way I'd even think about missing it. I've slept in it twelve times already this tour. I'm sure Tehran means it when she says i'll be sleeping there again. So, I was taking no chances.

[Edited]