"Mel Bell"

Melody's p.o.v.

I groaned and rolled over a bit before my eyes flutter open. "Ah, you're awake I see!" I moan in response, holding my head. "What happened?" The girl with blonde hair looks back at me and gives a small smile. "You figured out that Tony was in Pierce The Veil and kinda passed out." My eyes went wide and i stood up, slightly tipping back. "My cousin is in Pierce The Veil?!" She giggled and sat me down, putting something cold on my head. "Shit!" I flinch back and she sighs. "I'm Riv, Tony's girlfriend. From what I hear, you're his closest cousin, right?" I gave a shy nod and scoot back. "Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you or anything I just-..I need to talk to you about what I just saw." I furrowed my brows. "W-what do you m-mean?" I mumble. I'm used to it now. Meeting new people and mumbling. Her voice was so soft and reassuring though. I knew I could trust her if Tony does. "The-..the scars..on your arms. Why are they there?" She breaths, her eyes watering. I shrug, unsure of how to explain it. "Lots of different t-things..very horrifying, difficult, s-scarring things." I mumble and play with my hands. She nods and tears drop down her cheeks. I sighed and wiped them away. "W-why are you crying?" She sniffles and looks back up at me, straight in the eyes. "No one should have to go through that." I smile a little. "T-thanks." She sniffled again and took a deep breath. "Hey, Mel Bell!" We both turned and saw Tony and Jaime walk on the bus. I jumped up and hugged Jaime tighly, crying softly into his shoulder. "Woah, is everything alright?" I nodded and pulled back a little. I awkwardly stepped back and shifted uncomfortably. "Uh, s-sorry." I sit back down and Tony sits next to me, quiet and observant. "We should give them some space to talk. C'mon, Jaime." He pouts and follows Riv out. "What's up? You seem quiet. Like your hiding something. But,..you wouldn't do that, right? You know you can trust me with anything..." I groan and tilt my head back. "I know it's just," I pause and sigh. " ...I don't want you to give up on me. I need you, Tone." He shook his head and pulled me close. "You won't lose me. I'm right here. Always have been, always will be. Just tell me what's wrong so I can help you. It hurts seeing you down like this and me not knowing how to help you.." His brown eyes held sadness and grief and right then, that very moment I knew he cared. I knew I could trust him. "I did something I'm not proud of." He furrowed his eyebrows and I stared at him, pleading for him to understand. His eyes widened after a few seconds of thought and he gasped. "Y-you didn't.." I hung my head. "I did.." He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. "I'm so sorry, Tone! I didn't mean to do it! Old habits die hard, i guess. I just thought it would be a one and done type of thing-" He chuckled. "It's not a one night stand, Mel." I sighed and nodded. "Hey, look at me.." I slowly scanned the room until my eyes landed on his face. "It's fine. I'm not mad at you. Sometimes people have to relapse in order to get better. I trust you just like you should trust me and tell me earlier. Okay?" I smile wildly and nod. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hug him tightly and he laughs. "It's all good, Mel Bell. Now, how about meeting the rest of the band?" He gives me his best puppy dog eyes. "R-really? I-I don't know..what if-"
"Relax! Take a deep breath. The guys are cool, they can wait to meet you if you want." He smiles and nudges me. I sigh in relief and nod. "Thanks, Turtle." Tony smiled and kissed my temple. "No worries, Mel."

"Quit pushing!"

I roll my eyes and kiss his cheek, standing up. I tip toe over to the door and slide it open with ease. Jaime, Riv, a tall guy with tons of tattoos, and a short guy with no tattoos, smile shyly up at me. I giggle and shake my head, stepping over them and walking to the kitchen. "Um, so, Mel. How'd it go?" I laugh and shake my head again, pouring myself some coffee to ease my nerves. "I'm pretty sure you're not dumb or deaf, Preciado." He blushed and looked at his shoes. I smiled and poured him some. "Uh, Mel?" I hum. "I talked to Tony just now and..well I was wondering if you would like to.." Please, tell me he's asking me out. He sighed and tried again. "Do you want to go and watch us side stage?" My face dropped a little and I turned with his cup with a smile. "Sure!" He smiled and walked to the back.