Chapter 37

Cancer. A disease that can be beaten, something that can change someone's life forever. The experience could make someone stronger as a person. Cancer can be beaten given the right treatment and support group.

Terminal cancer. That made all the difference. The disease I had. Terminal as in the end. The end of my life, the end of me and Niall. The ending of the forever that never even started.

I sat in front of the toilet, puking my brains out while Niall held my hair back. I could feel his cringe every time i leaned further into the toilet bowl. I felt so pathetic right now, so repulsive and stupid. It was embarrassing to have your boyfriend hold your hair back as you vomited.

"Babe are you okay?" He asked me as I leaned back against the wall rubbing my eyes with my hands in exhuastion.

"Yea I'm fine" I told him. "I'm really tired" I said looking up at him. He nodded and wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up, carrying me from the bathroom and on to my hospital bed. I laid down on my side and watched Niall as he sat down next to me and stared into his eyes.

"I love you" I told him. He smiled a little bit.

"I love you too"

And that was the last thing I said before I fell asleep.

~*~

When I woke up a couple hours later I could feel people watching me. My eyes were closed as I listened to their talking.

"Niall says she's going to live"

"Do you really believe that? Look at her"

"Guys, we have to be there for her and Niall. No matter what happens"

I stretched out and opened my eyes and came to a dead stop when I saw who was in front of me.

Harry, Liam, Louis and Zayn.

"Holy shit" I muttered under my breath.

"Oh god, she's gonna fangirl. I know it" Zayn said, turning to the boys.

"I'll scream if you guys don't get over here and hug me" I told them smiling.

They all laughed and came over and hugged me all at once. When they stepped back from me their faces all went serious.

"What's this I hear about the doctor saying you'll be fine?" Liam asked me. His eyes becoming watery.

I looked down, finding it harder to lie to more than one person at once.

"You can't tell Niall" I whispered, looking up at all of them. All at once they knew exactly what was happening.

"Say it. Say the truth" Louis told me. I nodded, surprised at how easily me and Louis were talking, as if nothing had happened.

"The doctor said that in about two months, I'm um...I'm going to die" I told them, slowly nodding my head.

Then the door opened and Niall walked in. He looked at all the boys and then at me, seeing our teary eyes and looking at us confused.

"Calm down guys! She'll be fine! It's not like she's gonna die" He said to them. Throwing a couple wrapped burgers at them from the cafeteria.

"No" I said. "It's not like I'm gonna die"