Chapter 24

So sorry I haven't updated in forever and left that huge cliff ending. Been busy and trying to focus on my grades! Ahh Mid terms are coming up soon :/ I'm so sick right now, my head is absolutely pounding and I'm super dizzy and stuffy. But I just love you guys so much that I'm gonna update for you. Because you are all amazing.

"What do you mean you're going home?" Niall asked me. I sat in front of all the boys, except Louis who was in his room. I was staring at my feet. I had just told them the 'big' news. I looked up into Niall's blue eyes that now looked more watery than before. I shook my head as if telling him not to cry but he just repeated his question a second time. 

"I mean, I think you guys don't need me anymore, I-I need to get back to my life" I told them, not leaving Niall's eyes as tears started to stream down our faces. I felt horrible knowing that I was the reason for his tears. 

"I'm leaving in a couple hours"I told them. I met Harry's eyes and they looked back at mine with a puppy like gaze. Zayn looked at me, silently like he always did and Liam, like Niall, had tears slowly coming down his face. 

Harry was the first to get up and hug me, then the rest of the boys followed. I smiled into Harry's shoulder, letting a tear slip down on to him. I pulled away

"I'm gonna go say goodbye to Louis okay?" I asked them. They nodded and I started to make my way down the hall. I stopped in front of Louis' door and knocked. 

"Come in" I heard him say. I opened the door to see him laying face up on his bed, staring at the ceiling like it had the answers to all of life's questions. If it did, scoot over because I'd like to see some of those answers too.

"Hey" I said awkwardly as I walked over next to him, sitting down on the side of his bed. 

"You're leaving?" He asked me, turning to look at my face. His face was red and blotchy, like he had just been crying. I nodded and he looked back at the ceiling before getting up of the bed. 

"I know I should be the last person ever to ask you for a favor but, will you do something for me?" He asked me. I nodded slowly, looking into his beautiful eyes, knowing this would be the last time I would see him face to face. 

"Sing with me" He told me, my expression must of changed because he quickly tried to convince me to go along with it. "I hear you sing in the shower, you're good. Just...do this for me before you leave forever"

Forever. I repeated this word in my head and realized how true it was, I was going to be without all of them. Forever

"Okay, I'll sing with you" He smiled and he started to play a song I knew very well on his Iphone. 

"Wow, good song" I told him. He smiled and gestured for me to start the song. 

"Another shot of whiskey please bartender

Keep it coming til I don't remember at all

How bad it hurts when you're gone (na na na)

Turn the music up a little bit louder

Just gotta get past the midnight hour (uh huh)

Maybe tomorrow it won't be this hard

Who am I kidding?

I know what I'm missing

Oh, I had my heart set on you

But nothing else hurts like you do

Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)

And I waited and waited so long

For someone who'll never come home

It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah)

I'm just a fool

(Yeah)"

Louis began to sing the next part, and when he started to sing, I remembered why he was my favorite out of all of them in the first place.

"I said that I don't care

I'd walk away whatever

And I tell myself we were bad together (uh huh)

But that's just me trying to move on without you"

"But who am I kidding?

I know what I'm missing"

I felt him grab my hand as we worked our way into the chorus together.

"I, I had my heart set on you

But nothing else hurts like you do

Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)

And I waited and waited so long

For someone who'll never come home

It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah)

I'm just a fool"

"For holding on to something that

Is never ever gonna come back

I can't accept that it's lost"

"I should have let it go

Held my tongue

Kept my big mouth shut

'Cause now everything is just wrong, wrong, wrong"

'"I'm just a fool

A fool for you

I'm just a fool

I, I had my heart set on you

But nothing else hurts like you do

Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)

I waited and waited so long

For someone who'll never come home

It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah)

I'm just a fool

I'm just a fool

I'm just a fool"

Louis started to lean in as if he was going to kiss me and then, his lips were on mine. The tears started to stream down my face and I could taste them, even though our lips hadn't yet parted. 

Louis put his forehead on mine, parting our lips so he could look at me. 

"Why are you crying?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"Cause' no matter what you do, I'm still leaving"

***

I walked into the airport with the boys at my side. I was so weird, walking with them in public and not having a ton of girls attacking them like they would have before. We walked over to where everyone who was boarding my flight was sitting and all sat down on the hard chairs. 

"Flight 170 is now boarding" A voice said on the intercom. I sighed, standing up and facing the boys. 

"I guess this is goodbye" I said to them. They each gave me a hug before I turned and started towards the door leading to the plane. I turned back to see the boys standing there,, watching me leave them. Before I decided to stay I kept walking down the hallway and soon, was on the plane. 

And then I was on my way home.

So what did you think? What do you think is going to happen? Who should she be with? Also, the song Louis and Ariel sang is on the side--->

-Courtney 

XX