Chapter 22

I woke up an hour later, after finishing my book and deciding that I had time to sleep before the boys woke up. I stretched out my arms and opened my eyes and gasped. 

I was in my room, with my one direction posters, my CD of Up All Night was playing and my twitter was opened on my laptop on my desk across the room on Louis' page. 

I got out of bed rushing over to my computer and sitting down and scrolling over all his tweets of how well they were doing in the studio and writing songs. I could feel my heart breaking in my chest. My breathing started to speed up and I felt my heart beat quicken and my head start to pound.

This is could not be happening. No, I wasn't dreaming all this up. I could of sworn it was real. I knew it had to be real. I loved Louis I loved him so much, he loved me back. No, he loved Eleanor, no he loved me. It was all too confusing. This isn't real. 

Then I screamed. I opened my eyes to see the boys huddled around me, Zayn had a feahter rubbing against my nose, i looked down and saw whip cream covering my hands. I looked back up at the boys and smiled. 

"Oh my god, You guys are real" I said, pulling them all closer to me, getting whip cream in their hair in the process. They all groaned as they felt my hands rub their hair, getting them back for trying to prank me. But I really was so happy that i was dreaming. 

Liam pulled away from my grasp, looking at me weird. 

"What do you mean 'You guys are real?" He asked me confused. I laughed, embarrassed at the fact I had been dreaming about them. 

"Nightmare" I told them. I had let go of the boys and they were looking at me, not like I was mentally confused but they were smiling. 

"We'll never leave you Ariel" Louis said. I smiled back at him, at a loss of words at the sweet moment we were having.

"Go wash your hair! You look like the back of your heads have rabies" I told them, ushering them away towards the bathroom. They laughed and then followed each other to the bathroom, raiding the closet of it's towels in the process. 

I didn't realize Louis was still there until he cleared his throat, staring at the book in front of me. I looked up at him. 

"What?" I asked. He gestured towards the book. 

"I heard you leave in the middle of the night last night, was something wrong?" He asked me, his voice almost sounded as if he wanted to me to say yes, like he wanted me to confess my love for him or something. I almost wanted to, to tell him how I truly felt, even though I had a feeling he knew, or maybe he didn't know how much he meant to me, he would have to be blind not to see. 

"Yea, I um, couldn't sleep so I went to the book store down the street" I told him. He nodded.

"You silly carrot" He said as he walking away joining the other boys, I smiled, remembering the video diaries. 

"What are you smiling at?" He asked, smiling back at me as if this was some cliche moment from a movie. 

"Nothing, just...you make my smile" I told him. He laughed.

"I'm glad"

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering who would be knocking on our door at ten in the morning.

Hey, maybe it was Simon Cowell and suddenly he remembered too and I wasn't the only crazy person. 

I walked over to the door and unlatched the lock and opened it to see Max standing there with a stupid grin on his face. 

Nope, I was still the only crazy person here. I was so close. 

"Uh, hi? What are you doing here?" I asked him. not remember the time when I told him were I was staying, I would find this creepy if I hadn't known him for half of my life.

"Yeah, I know. A little unexpected of me, but you forgot this last night at the cafe so I thought I'd bring it back. The lady at the counter said you went up the street and I just kept asking if anyone saw you and they all led me to here" He said giving me my phone, I smiled.

"I didn't even realize I forgot it, thanks so much Max" I told him. He smiled back.

"Well do you-" He stopped mid sentence, suddenly looking past me and into the living room. I gave him a confused look, not that he would even see it and turned around to see Louis staring back at him with the same expression on his face that Max had,

"What are you doing here?" Max asked rudely. I turned back to him, looking at him stunned by how angry his words seemed. But before I could tell him to shut up and stop Louis had began to speak. 

"What Max, upset that I didn't commit suicide because of you and your friends bullying me for the last three years? I came pretty damn close" Louis told him before walking out of the living room and back to the boys in the other bedroom. 

I turned back to look at Max with a dumbfounded expression. 

Max was the reason Louis was bullied, I realized, remembering the first time I met Louis when he told me that if I was there to bully him I shoud just leave.

"You've got to be kidding me Max, please say this is some stupid prank" I whispered. How had my Max become such a bad kid? Become so bad that someone, someone like Louis, would want to kill themselves over.

"No Ariel, please wait let me explain" He started. I put my hands up stopping him from going on. 

"There's nothing to explain. You changed. I'm really disappointed in you Max. Just stay the hell away from Louis and me." I snapped at him,, shutting the door in his face before he could make an argument. 

I walked back up the stairs and found to Louis.

"Are you okay Lou?" I asked him. 

He looked at me, angry as if I had done something.

"No, Ariel I'm not okay. You like him don't you? You wanna be with the guy that bullied me for years? I saw you flirting with him when he came to the door. You whore! First me, then Harry, then him? Him, of all people?" He yelled at me. I cringed at his words, not expecting any of it.

"I don't like him at all Lou, that's why I told him to leave!" I snapped back. Louis just shook his head. 

"Whatever, I'm done with you whore, go sleep with the rest of my mates and my enemies" He said as he stood up and walked out of the hotel room, slamming the door behind him. 

Tears filled my eyes as the words stung my skin as if I couldn't stop hearing them over and over again. 

"You said you'd never leave me" I whispered to myself in the lonely room I had been left in

Yea that's right, updated super quickly didn't I? I'm awesome, that's why(: Just kidding, I'm a socially awkward noodle. 

What did you think? Are you for Louis or Max? What do you think about Louis' outburst? Who's wrong, Louis or Ariel? COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE! 

Oh and, did the beginning scare you at all?(: