Chapter 28

💗 Alison's P.O.V.  💗

Things are back to normal between Tyler and I. I still don't 100% trust him, but it's getting there. I'm just glad the whole fiasco is over, because it was hard not having Tyler with me all the time. I mean, I have to drive every day, luckily after our fight; I started riding with him to school again because driving is a hassle and gas ain't that cheap at all, but we do take turns once in a while. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but it's not so bad to have chauffeur driving you around town whenever you want to.

*Beep* *Beep*

I quickly grabbed my stuff, and headed downstairs. I went out hearing Tyler still honking his car.

*Beep* *Beep*

"I'm coming!" I called, as I ran faster towards the car. I got in and put my seatbelt on. I moved a bit, trying to get into a comfortable position, but stopped when I saw what Tyler was wearing. He had a bright pink t-shirt on. It looked like he was Santa Claus disguised as a teenager.

"What are you wearing?" I asked in disbelief. Tyler always had a sense of style. "Kate is going to kill you when she sees you wearing that. You know how she hates it when one of us wears something ridiculous."

"I think she can make an exception for today." He grinned.

"What's with today?" He shrugged. I got out my cellphone to check what date it was, and to my surprise it was actually Valentine's Day. "It's already February the 14th?!" He nodded. "I can't believe I forgot it was Valentine's Day."

"Yeah, I thought girls love this occasion." He said.

"They do." I nodded my head in agreement. Hailey loves Valentine's Day. It's actually her 3rd favourite holiday aside from her birthday and Christmas. When we were sophomores, she made me join a committee wherein they value Valentine's Day. I didn't know they had such a thing until Hailey forced me to join. Every year at my old school, we would always have a Valentine's Dance for couples only, actually you don't need to be a couple, all you need is to have a person by your side when you're entering the dance and we'll let you in. It was always a blast because there will be games and a lot of prizes, I remember Hailey always making sure that I have someone by my side on Valentine's Day. There was one time, I didn't have a boyfriend and Hailey made Hunter ask me out. To say, it was weird was an understatement, but Hailey can be a real Valentine's Godzilla, even Hunter would agree with me.

"Wait a minute, are you planning on doing something for Valentine's Day? If you are, then I'm not prepared, though I can make a Valentine's card for you if you want. We just need to stop by a local store and buy some paper, glitter, glue, fancy pens, -" I started to think of the time wherein Hailey made me make 100 Valentine's card to sell for school because we didn't have enough fund for the dance. I had to spend over four hours making those damn cards and they were all sold the next day. Who knew a lot of guys didn't make any plans for Valentine's Day? Their girlfriends must be so proud of them...

"No, it's okay. I have everything plan out. All you have to do is to be there."

"What's your plan? Do you want me to like gasp or do you want a few tears to come out, 'cause I can do both." I said, putting out my suggestions.

"I don't have a plan." He parked the car beside a huge tree.

"You said you had everything plan out." I reminded him.

"Yeah, the plan is to tell everyone we're going on a special dinner for Valentine's day." He said, as he opened the door for me.

I made an 'oh' sound, as I got out of the car. "So we're going to say that, but we aren't really going to do that." I whispered to him. I didn't want anyone to hear anything. We're officially on the school ground, so no more talking about the deal.

"Yeah, plus I wore this ridiculous shirt for you." He put his hand around my waist.

"It's killing you on the inside, isn't it?"

"Yeah"

I laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "If it makes a difference, I think you look super cute wearing that."

"I thought you said I look ridiculous." His one eyebrow was up.

"Ridiculously cute!" I said, pinching his cheek.

"Yeah, right." He saw right through my lie. It did look ridiculous, but I think he kind of pulled it off. He's still handsome, but his masculinity is down by a few points.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

"So what are you going to do with Alex, today?" I asked Kate. We were heading towards the field today to have a cheer practice.

"Well, we're having dinner at his house."

"Sounds great!"

"With my family and his family." She added.

"Is this the first time your family and his family are going to meet?" I asked.

"Yup, Alex's family is great. The one I'm worrying about is my family. You know how they can be a little bit strict. I'm not sure if they will clash well." Kate had a worried expression.

"If that does happen, you two will have a forbidden love just like 'Romeo & Juliet'" I tried making her see the bright side.

"You do know that they both die in the end, right?"

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Alex will check if you're really dead before drinking poison." I pointed out.

She laughed. "You're probably right."

The thing about 'Romeo & Juliet' is that everyone knows the title and the author, Shakespeare, but no one knows exactly what happened. I only knew they died in the story when we discussed it in school, and I didn't know they were actually teenagers when they fell in love, and it only took them a day before they decided to get married. Actually knowing the entire story of 'Romeo & Juliet' kind of ruined the concept of love for me. It came to a point wherein, I was afraid to love someone because I thought that it could kill me just like what happened in the story. I don't know about the others, but it's definitely not the kind of stories I'll tell my kids someday.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

"Hey, do you want to eat at my place tonight?" Tyler asked, as we were parked on my driveway.

I thought about it. I didn't want to spend my Valentine's day alone. This is actually the first time that I didn't have anyone else to spend it with. I mean, I always had Hunter as my back-up date, but now, I have no one. Well, I have Tyler; I guess he can be my Hunter. He's practically my boyfriend even though we are pretending.

I miss Hailey and her stupid love for this day. I actually tell her she has V.V. (Valentine's virus). I made it up myself, and whenever I think she's going too far, I'd tell her to stop because the V.V. is going to spread and reach her brain. She'd just roll her eyes at me, and she'd relax for a bit. She was always the lovey-dovey kind of person, believing in fairytales and prince charming. I actually gave Hailey this one poster that said "Someone should really sue Disney, for making every girl believe that they have a prince charming." She didn't like it as much as I did, but she still hangs it on her room, above her bed.

"Sure, I'll come over after I take a bath." I got out of the car, and headed straight to my shower. It is so disgusting when you're sweaty and then after a while it dries and your skin becomes so sticky like you poured juice on it. Just comparing sweat and juice is weird.

After taking a shower and feeling fresh, I changed into my ripped jeans, a red button up shirt since it is Valentine's Day and paired it with some flip flops. I took my phone and house keys, and inserted them on my back pocket.

I headed next door and rang the doorbell. To my amazement, Tyler opened the door wearing a suit and tie, holding a bunch of red roses. I looked at him with pure confusion, but he just gave me a nervous smile.

Maybe, this won't be a bad Valentine's Day after all..

**********************

Pls. Fan, Vote or Comment 👍