Chapter 29

💖 Tyler's P.O.V. 💖

She just stood there, looking at me like I'm some psycho. Maybe, I am such a psycho for doing this, but I just have to tell her. I don't think I could take this anymore if I keep hiding it from her.

"What is this?" She asked, her face clearly showing she's confused.

"Well, how about instead of telling you, I show you." I linked my arms with hers, and lead her to the backyard.

"Wow!" She exclaimed, as she saw what was outside through the glass door.

"Didn't I tell you that we were having a special dinner tonight?" I slid the glass door and gestured her to go through first. "After you, milady."

She smiled. "I thought we just said that for a cover up. If I knew you were going to do a candlelight dinner, I would've dressed more appropriate." She looked down on what she was wearing.

"It's okay. I think you look absolutely perfect." I complemented her and it was true, she did look perfect.

I've been planning this for weeks. I didn't know what to do for Valentine's Day, so I searched it in Google. In one of the website, it says that one of the most effective Valentine's Day activities that you could do is have dinner together, but I didn't want it to be just a regular dinner, I wanted it to be spectacular. I decorated the backyard with paper hearts and covered most of the space with electric candles. I didn't want our house to burn down, so the only real candle I used was the one I put on the table, which is in the middle of the backyard covered with the electric candles. I've also prepared most of the dishes myself with a little bit of help from my mom. She basically thought me how to do it, and when I really couldn't get it right, she would do that specific dish while I prepare the others. I even forced my parents to eat dinner someplace else because I didn't want them watching or disturbing us on this date. My mom even awed at me for being such a romantic boyfriend while scolding my dad on why he didn't do something like this when they were dating. So mom was practically nagging my dad to become more romantic like me while dad just gave me a glare.

"So did Hailey made you do this?" She asked, as I pulled her seat.

"Nope, all me. Okay, maybe a little bit of help from my mom on cooking some dishes, but other than that, it's all me." I honestly said. I just hope she likes it.

"You tried to cook?" She looked worried.

"Don't worry; my mom was watching me while I cook, so I think all of them are edible and non-poisonous."

She faked a sigh of relief. I laughed. "I can't believe you tried to cook. You should've bought something outside."

I frowned, she didn't like the idea of me cooking. She saw the expression on my face and said. "No, no, no, no! It's not like I don't like your cooking, I just thought since we're just going to post some pictures on Facebook, you didn't have to go through all of this trouble."

"Why are we going to post pictures on Facebook?" I asked her, not seeing the connection.

"So that people will know that we did something on Valentine's day."

I made a mental 'oh'.

"I'm pretty sure you're hungry already, I'll get our first course."

I stood up and headed towards the kitchen where our first course was ready.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

"You baked this?!" Ali said in disbelief.

I nodded. So far so good. Alison seems like she's having a good time, she practically finished everything I made and she's still hungry. I have no idea how she loses weight. The only exercise she ever does is cheerleading and she doesn't even try too hard, it's like walking for her is equivalent of me running a whole marathon. She loses weight fast; I'm impressed that her metabolism can even compete with her. I'm promise you, every time we hang out, there always must be food available or she will walk out the door literally.