Chapter 25

💻  Alison's P.O.V.  💻

Winter break is finally over, and I'm back at school. It sucks simply because I don't like going to school, I mean who does? What makes it more suckish is that Hailey is gone and I won't be able to see her again 'til summer. Why do all things have to end?

I sighed as I head to my first class.

"You hate school as well?" Tyler asked. He was walking with me to class.

I looked up and nodded. These days, Tyler has been extra nice to me. I think he's trying to cheer me up because I have been a bit gloomy ever since Hailey went back home. I know she wasn't going to stay very long, but when she was about to leave, that's when I realized how I would miss her. She has Skyped me every other day, but it's not the same as when you're talking in person. When she was here in California, we would talk day and night, I think I only slept for about four hours a day just because I have so many things to tell her, and she has a lot of stories as well. She told me how her and Declan have been really distant these days. She says they might break it off already. I comforted her for a bit, but she wasn't really that sad, I guess it's because she anticapated it already. I mean, they study in different schools and they only meet on weekends. I was actually surprise they lasted that long.

I told her about Tyler and I, and how no one has noticed that we're faking our relationship. If I was another person, I wouldn't suspect a thing at all. We always post pictures of us on Facebook and hang-out with each other 24/7. Even our friends don't notice it at all. I think it's going well for us, only 5 more months  'til I get my part in 'My Stolen Heart' and for us to be in a relationship, after that we won't need to pretend anymore. I don't know why, but for me, it's like a bitter-sweet moment, more on the bitter side. I guess Tyler has always been here for me and just imagining that he won't be here for me after a few months, scares me a lot. I don't even know if we'll keep in touch after this or will we just act like we're strangers when we see each other again. We haven't really talked about what's going to happen next, and I don't want to be the one who brings it up. I guess we're just going with the flow.

"Don't worry; you're not the only one who hates school. How about we go to Ben's Diner after school?" He asked, as we reached my class.

"I don't think so. I'm 99% sure that teachers would give us a lot homework today since we haven't had school for about two weeks."

"You're right. Teachers just want to see us suffer." I laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I went inside my class to see Luke here, but not Kate. I actually haven't seen Kate all morning. She's probably running late. She called me yesterday to discuss what she was going to wear today. I told her to stick with jeans since it's still pretty cold and she actually agreed with me.

"Good Morning." I greeted Luke, as I sat down next to him. He was reading our chemistry book which is weird since it's only the first day of school. I guess he is just really nerdy - I mean, studious.

"Hey, have you studied for the Chem test today?" He asked, tearing his attention from his book.

"What do you mean Chem test? Mrs. Smith didn't mention any test." I started to panic.

"Well, rumours have been going around that there might be a surprise quiz today. I'm studying just to be sure."

"What chapters?" I asked, as I got my Chemistry book from my bag.

"Chapter 22 to 23." He answered.

And that is how I spent my morning class, thinking that there will be a surprise quiz, and it was true, but since so many students groaned and complained, our teacher postponed it. Kate was lucky since she only had five minutes to study and do you know what she was wearing? She was wearing shorts. She just never listens to me. Today really is her lucky day because I let her borrow the cardigan I'm wearing and wore the sweatshirt that Zack gave me for Christmas.