Part Thirty Six

Calum's P.O.V.

"Michelle!" I muttered as I wiped the tears with my shirt, standing up. "No. No. No. Michelle!"

I ran, trying to catch up with her. Shit, how long has it been since she left, I thought. I ran through the same path out of the woods.

Sitting on the sidewalk with her knees on her chest, Michelle was crying.

I sat beside her, massaging her back. She glanced at me as she wiped her tears. "What are you doing?"

"Catching the love of my life," I said as our eyes locked. "I can't let you get away."

"You hate me," she said. Her eyes were now red.

"I don't," I sighed. "But I was hurt. I was going to surprise you but I saw you with that guy on the article."

"You should have asked me. You should have at least showed up," she pointed out.

"I was afraid to hear it from you, I guess. I never knew," I admitted, reaching for her hand and twining it to mine. "Who was he anyway?"

"That's Bradley," she answered, sniffing. "He's Connor's band mate. We're good friends. I wasn't cheating with him. Please, Calum, please believe in me. I cannot do that to you."

"Sshh," I cooed, pulling her in a hug. "I believe you. I'm sorry for not showing up and leaving you just like that."

"All those years," she continued. I continued to massage her back as she started to cry again. "All those years... I thought I may have been holding you back that's why you left... I was hurting, but I decided to understand why... I never cheated on you... I love you so damn much, Calum..."

I sighed.

This is it, I thought, the peace of mind I needed. For so long I was so scared to hear her say she's with somebody else. If only I showed up - if only I asked her - things shouldn't have been this way.

Smiling, I pulled her closer to me, burying my face on her hair. "I love you, Michelle. And I miss you so damn much. You have no idea how much I do. I always stalk you on Twitter and Instagram. I always look at our pictures. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for being such an idiot"

"Wait," she interrupted, giggling and crying both at the same time as she pulled away to look at me. "That's kinda creepy. Stalker kind creepy."

"Well," I chuckled, looking at her deep in the eyes. I cupped her cheeks, wiping the tears. "You know, I always cry myself whenever we play Amnesia. You were always on my mind whenever we sing those songs I wrote you."

"Calum," she said but I ignored her.

"I wish I could bring all the hours that were wasted," I continued. "But I think it'll all serve as a lesson now. I'm never gonna let you go this time. If you'll just give me a chance. I promise to make it up to you. We'll make new memories. Michelle, will you please stay and be mine again? I'll do everything. Just don't go."

"Calum," she repeated. She was now smiling at me. "I am always yours."

"I know," I smiled, leaning in and pressing my lips into hers.

Yes, I know. I had always knew she's mine - I was just blinded by the rumours. I was clouded of how scared I was to hear something I don't wanna hear. I never stop loving her and I'll never stop. This is all that matters - the two of us back together and the life we share.

*THREE YEARS LATER*

Three years had been taken away and another three years were given for us to put the pieces back together. I opened my phone, creating a new tweet.

'Today is the day. I still can't believe it. x'

Pressing send, I checked on my indirects to see people retweeting my tweet while others favourite it, as they all send their love and best wishes to me.

And then the music starts playing. Nervously, I tucked my phone to my pocket as they started walking by the aisle, filling the chairs one by one.

"You're one lucky bastard," Ashton whispered, pointing at the other side - at her. She's dressed in white - a long one with a bouquet of flowers on her hands. Her smiles widen the same as mine the moment we locked eyes.

"Hurt her and I'll bury you alive," Luke spat, glaring at me. Then he laughed.

"Give them a break," Michael cried, elbowing him.

The closer she gets, the more my heart starts to race. This is it, I thought, smiling.

"Hi," she mumbled, the moment she reached us.

"Hey," I said, grinning, reaching for her hand.

"Eww," Michael shrugged, laughing. "Why does it always have to be the girl walking on the aisle?"

"Shut up," Ashton said, snapping at him. "We'll let you walk on your day. But, you two, you owe me one. Told you the next wedding will be of yours!"

"We didn't made a bet, have we?" She said, sticking her tongue out at him.

"What?" I smiled, raising my eyebrow as they pushed us in front where the priest was waiting for us.

And everything seems to stop 

This is perfect. And I'll never exchange this for anything.

The end.