Part Twelve

Luke's P.O.V.

"Ghost stories?" She said, beaming at my mom. "I was so scared after so I asked them to stay. I have a very wide imagination, you know. Mum might have probably told you already how I scare myself at night back home because I wouldn't let her close the lights.

"Okay," my mom said. "Rehearsal at one. Be there!"

Then she walked out and left. When I was sure she was out of eavesdrop, I looked back at them. "You're dead."

Calum ignored me, helping Michelle up. "Can I take her out?"

I shook my head, "its too early, Hood."

I turned around, heading to my room. Michael caught up with me, getting in before me, grinning. I was about to close the door when Michelle spoke and begged.

"Please?" She said, as I looked at her with my hands on the door.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "For you."

She smiled; "love you, Luke!"

I closed the door and lay down, as Michael inserted a game on my Xbox, sitting on the floor.

"You're unpredictable," he started, throwing me the other controller. "Among us, you were obviously rooting for Hood and, now, you're giving him a hard time."

"I'm just protecting Michelle," I replied. "She's my cousin."

"From?" He asked curiously. "Hood is fine as fuck. Finer than me."

"That's what I'm afraid of. He's good. She's good," I explained, as we started the game. "We don't really know each other very well but I could tell that she's falling for him. On the other hand, Calum and I came a long way."

"And he's obviously falling, too," he added.

"Exactly," I agreed, trying to catch up with him as he leveled up.

"So," he continued. "What's bothering you?"

"We all know she's just staying for the summer. Oh! Dammit, Mikey, slow down! Anyway, scratch it. She's not gonna be here the whole summer neither. They'll both get heart broken and wasted," I said.

Yeah, I sure don't wanna see my cousin and my best friend longing for something we all know will never work in the first place. I want him for my cousin; but I can't let them get hurt either.