Part Four

Michelle's P.O.V.

I immediately changed into my sundress after my mum asked me to 'put on my best behaviour'.
"As if I'm a black sheep," I smirked, as she eyed me. "Connor is."

"Just behave, okay? Its the first time your grandma will see you," she said, fixing the hem of my dress. Connor was having such a good - and silent - laugh at her back, sticking his tongue out at me.

"What's the catch?" I asked, trying not to laugh. Mum raised her eyebrow as I joined Connor at laughing. "Chill! I was just kidding, mum!"

"They're here," Aunt Liz called from downstairs after the doorbell rung.

"Who exactly are they?" I asked curiously, following her and Connor out of the room heading downstairs.

"The Hoods," Connor winked at me before jumping the last two steps, joining Jack and Ben.

"David and his family," mum added. "Best man in our wedding. There he is. David!"

Mum approached the eldest, greeting him in a hug. Beside them stood Connor, Ben and Jack, talking to four other lads. I recognized the tallest one - Luke - my cousin, who immediately smiled at me, giving me a hug.

"Oh, hi, Luke," I smiled, hugging him back. "God, you're tall!"

He chuckled, as he pulled away. A blue haired boy gestured towards me and was about to give me a hug when Luke stopped him. "What? I'm just gonna greet her!"

"Not my cousin, Clifford," he said, glaring at him but then he laughed.

"C'mere," I giggled, opening my arms. He grinned and hugged me, lifting and swinging me around.

"She's a better hugger, Hems," he said, setting me down. He looked at me and stretch out his hand. "I'm Michael. Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too," I replied, shaking hands with him.

"And, umm, I've got a friend who likes you," he added, winking at me. "He plays the bass guitar."

I giggled, as another lad stood in front of me, shoving Michael aside. He grinned and hugged me. When he pulled away, he said; "Ashton. And, no, I bang."

"Oh," I said, raising my eyebrow, confused. What exactly does he mean by bang, I thought.

"The drums," he added when he realized I didn't get it.

I laughed, as I turned to face the last lad who I recognized immediately. His familiar brown eyes locked with mine again. He held out his hand to me, gesturing for a shake. "I'm Calum Hood."

"Hi," I muttered, smiling.

"I'm," he smiled, looking unease as he runs his free hand thru his hair. "More of a ukulele person."

"Okay," I giggled. Wow, I was hoping it was him, I thought. I looked back at Michael, smiling. "Bass, ei?"

"As much as I want to," he started, chuckling. "I was gifted with fast fingers and I'm a pizza eating machine. So, no, I play the triangle."