Part Five

Calum's P.O.V.

"Bass, ei?" She asked Michael, looking at him.

"As much as I want to," he replied, looking passed her and grinning at me. I gave him 'the look' and mouthed 'no'. If he says another word, he's dead, I thought. "I was gifted with fast fingers and I'm a pizza eating machine. So, no, I play the triangle."

I sighed in relief, as everyone laughed. I caught Luke looking, as he winked at me. Am I really that obvious? I just find her beautiful, that's all.

No, you wanna know her more - my inner Calum says.

I shrugged, shaking the thought. I gestured to Connor, giving him a fist bump. We played a couple of games back when he used to stay here at Luke's. "Hey, Connor. What's up?"

"Not much," he replied, as we made our way to the backyard. "Heading home tomorrow. Got a retreat with the team."

The dinner took place, with everyone talking to one another, throwing jokes and stuff. Luke's grandma came after an hour and was so happy to see Michelle and Connor. She literally didn't let Michelle get away from her and had asked for her to sit beside her.

Every now and then I would look at her and see her looking back. And, as much as I wanted to walk to her and have a talk, I can't. I get nervous and shy.

I felt my phone buzzed as my sister messaged me. 'Heard you're at the Hemmings. Bet his cousin's pretty.' I read.

I smiled, typing. 'Get lost. Wish you were here to entertain her. How'd you know?'

Within a couple of second, she replied. 'Who else? Luke. And he said you're checking her out! Make a move, buttface!'

I smiled. 'IDK. She's a little bit out of my league. And she's Luke's cousin. Can't screw her.'

'Boo! Luke's rooting for you. I'm so hanging out with her when I go home. Say hi for me.'

Smiling, I slid my phone to my pocket and joined the boys as they dance Michelle one after the other. I leaned on the wall, watching them. She glows as she laughs, dancing gracefully to every beat. I don't know how long I've been staring at her until Luke waved at me to come over.

"Cal, its your turn," he said, beaming at me. I know where you're going at this, I thought. I laughed as Ashton pushed me closer to her, placing my hands on her waist and hers on my neck. Someone changed the song into a slow dance and started cooing and teasing. I rolled my eyes at them, laughing. I looked at her as her cheeks heat up.

We swayed for a couple of minutes or more, as everyone watches, completely ignoring them. As our eyes locked, I swear I can see stars in hers. No, wait, they shine brighter than the stars.

"No," Michael yawned, jumping between us. "This is too cheesy and boring. Let's play Mario!"

"Boo!" Luke yelled, throwing a pillow at him as everyone laughed. "You ruined it!"

He stick his tongue out and inserted the CD, while I helped Michelle on the chair.

Dammit, Michael, I thought.