Part Twenty Four

Calum's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, sir," the guy behind the ticket booth said, as I glanced at Michelle as a security approached her. I looked back at the guy, as he continued. "But that was the last train. I could book you on the first train tomorrow."

"What time?" I asked, as he checked on his computer.

"Eight in the morning," he replied.

Knowing that there's no other option, I paid for two tickets and made my way to Michelle, sitting on a plastic chair beside her. I handed her the tickets, taking out my phone to update Luke.

'First train back to Mark's tomorrow. See you.' I typed, hitting the send button then tucking the phone back into my pocket.

"They're probably on their way now. They'll just wait for us at Mark's," I started, pouting. Then I looked at her and smiled. "So..."

She shrugged, pointing at the two securities standing by the post. "We need to get out of here before they come up to us. I had enough running for today. I might loose 2 pounds already!"

I chuckled, as I stood up, pulling her hand. "I think I saw a motel around the corner. We can stay there for the night."

We made our way to the familiar honey-colored building I saw awhile ago where were welcomed by an old woman. Her gray hair was wavy with big curls at the end. Behind her box-framed eyeglasses, she looked at us and smiled.

"Good evening," she greeted, as we approached her. "I believe you need a place to stay. Where are you guys from?"

"Sydney," I replied, smiling, as I felt my phone vibrated. I slid my hand to my pocket and read Luke's message; 'Hands off my cousin, Hood. Or I'll stab you with a fork, deeper than Irwin's dimples!' I smirked, tucking it back. "Room for two, please."

"Yes, yes," she said as she steppes out of the front desk and took a key at a box. "Come, this way."

She led the way, with Mitchel behind me as we held hands together. We passed room after room, hearing TV sounds and laughers from a couple until we stopped at the far end of the hallway near the fire exit. She unlocked the door and turned on the lights before handing me the key.

"Go easy on your girl. She looks so sweet," she said, winking, as she pats me on the shoulder. "Don't be loud! And have a good night!"

Then she left, laughing.

"Okay," Mitchel said slowly, raising her eyebrow. "What did she just said?"

"Dunno," I lied, looking innocent. We entered the room, closing the door behind. "But, mind you, at her age she's still crazy!"