Part Thirty Two

Calum's P.O.V.

I scanned the pile of photos that sat on my bed, looking at it all one by one. Long it may be but the memories are still fresh on my mind as if it's all just yesterday. I miss her more than anything. I miss her touch and the warmth of it. I miss the taste of her lips and the shining look in her eyes. I miss her laughs and the different sounds it makes. I...

I just miss her so much.

Sometimes I regret ever reading articles about us since we started the band. But seeing it in person is an enough proof that news doesn't lie all the time. It actually helps you discover things you never thought would happen.

It was planned but I never told her when am I coming. I wanted to surprise her. But it turned the other way around. I read comments and articles about us due to curiosity. That's what I secretly do on our free time. And, then, I came across it. Its headline's still clear in my mind - MICHELLE SPOTTED WITH A MYSTERIOUS GUY: IS SHE CHEATING ON CALUM? And though with all the photos attached to it and was sent by the fans who saw them together, though all the comments say it's true, I choose not to believe them. I continued my trip but as soon as I got there, as I was about to pull over by her dormitory, I saw them. I wanted to tear him up as he wraps his arms around her. But I didn't. I drove off and got on the first flight back home.

The last time I heard her voice was when I broke up with her. I could hear her sobbing as I tell her it's over. She didn't said anything. She didn't stop me. She let me go. She believed it when I said I wanted to focus on my career. And, I guess, the rumor was true so I took it as a sign to let her go.

KNOCK KNOCK!

I shrugged, wiping the tears with the back of my hand and immediately hiding all the photos in the box then pushing it under the bed.

"What?" I shouted, as I made my way to the door, opening it.

Ashton eyed me. "Are you alright?"

"Yes," I said, running my hand through my hair, sounding annoyed. "What do you want?"

"Okay," he said slowly as if he wanted to pursue on the conversation but decided not to and said; "Luke wanted me to ask you if you wanna come."

"Why?" I asked, pushing passed him and heading to the kitchen.

"We're picking Michelle at the airport!" He said happily, following me. "She's finally moving here! Can you believe it? You guys planned it for so long and now it's happening. Maybe its a sign. There's still a second chance. I know you still love her. You know, I hear you cry at night sometimes. It's because of her, right? You---"

"We're not doing this. I'm not interested," I cut him off, opening the orange juice and pouring it on a tall glass. "Get over it."

"But," he pouted, sighing. "I thought... maybe..."

I drunk the juice in a gulp and threw the remains in the sink. "Nasty. Ugh! Anyway, I thought we were good, too. But the rumors were true. I've seen them cozy enough outside her place. So, what's the point?"

"Wait. Wait. What?" He raised his eyebrow. "So, you really went there? Why didn't you showed up? And what rumor? You mean she's like cheating on you? I don't think she can do that! Are you sure?"

"How's this for a proof?" I said, handing him my phone which he took. He looked at the picture then his eyes widen, looking back at me. "And don't tell me anything. Don't tell me I don't love her, I was there for her but that's what I found out."

"Have you even asked her?" He asked, handing me back my phone.

"No, I don't need excuses, thank you very much," I smirked, reaching for my keys. "I'll be back before midnight."

"But the fact that you still have the link to that photo," he called as I opened the door. "You still want her back."

"You were asking for it," I said, waving at him before I closed the door and headed to the car. There's only one place I can go where I can think and be alone. A place where I spent most of my time whenever we are on vacation - where I can reminisce all the memories I have with her and forget the pain I have. A place I once told her before where I wanted to get married at.

Yes, I still want her back. I still love her.

But I don't need another heartbreak.