Part Sixteen

Michelle's P.O.V.

Why did I even listened to her? I mean, I could have told her to fuck off or anything and tell her that I am his girlfriend. But I just let her ruin my day.

But.

What if she's telling the truth? What if she really was Calum's girlfriend and all he's trying to do is hit on me? She even knows about the lake for gods sake!

Yeah, she's probably telling the truth. And I was just too dumb to fall into his games. And, then, there's Luke. I can't believe he let Calum do this to me. Or maybe he knew it all along that's why he's being rude to him all of a sudden. Ugh. Whatever. I just hate being here. I shouldn't have hanged out with them knowing now that all those fun things we did were fake.

No. Scratch that. I shouldn't have let mum and dad leave me here. I should have stayed and went to camp where I can have real fun with true friends.

I wiped the stream of tears that were running down my cheeks, shaking all the thoughts away. I should not be affected, I thought, I should not be affected.

"Hey, watch where you're going," a lad said as I bumped into him. He rolled his eyes on me and continued walking.

"Sorry," I called, as he waved at me. I took a quick left into another street and continued walking. The sky is getting darker. I could feel the breeze getting colder every minute. I should have stayed home; it looks like it's about to rain anytime now. If only Michael didn't saw me by the tire swing crying. I must have caught his attention. He was going to approach me when I turned my back on him and told him to go away.

Now, I'm lost.

I sighed. I didn't even know what street this is. Asking for direction is nonsense then. I turned around to where I bumped into the lad and tried to remember my way back.

It started raining.

Great! Lost and cold. Just my luck.