Part Thirty Five

Calum's P.O.V.

I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket. I threw the last pebble in my hand before I slid my hand in my pocket, revealing Luke's latest tweet of picking her up at the airport. I clicked on her username as it took me to her profile.

She's as beautiful as the last time I saw her, I thought as I saw her icon. She doesn't seem to use twitter much, having a range of three to five days apart on each tweet and all were composed of either an inspirational quotation or a photo. I scanned her profile for a couple of minutes before I went to check on my indirects, seeing tweets of only one topic. Old photos of us surfaced - others were edited with a photo of her and the guy I saw her with on the other side, comparing us. There were also recent photos of her and Luke at the airport where it looks like he's covering her. I clicked on the trending topics and found out three hash tags that involves us; #CALUMDESERVESSOMEONEBETTER, #KILKYOURSELFMICHELLETHESLUT and #MICHELLETHEUGLYBITCH. They were all bashing her.

I should be happy, I thought. She hurt me. She cheated on me. They were right, I deserve someone better and she deserves all the hate.

But.

Something tells me to stand up and defend her. She doesn't have to be hated like this. She's kind and loving. She is sweet. She's...

She cheated on you, Calum - my inner self said.

I was about to tuck my phone back in my pocket when it started vibrating again with an unknown number calling. I answered it, holding the phone close to my ear.

"Hello?" I started. I was thinking of hanging it up as no one spoke on the other line.

Until.

"Calum?" A familiar voice said - a voice I've been longing to hear for three years. I felt my heart beats faster. "Please don't hang up."

"Michelle?" I asked. But instead of getting annoyed, my voice was full of concern. "Why? Where are you? I've seen what happened. Are you okay?"

"It doesn't matter," she replied. "Where are you?"

"It does matter," I said. I want to push her away but hearing her voice makes all the pain go away. "Tell me you're okay and I'll tell you where I am."

She paused for a second before I heard her sighed. "I miss you, Calum. I miss you so much."

"Michelle," I started. "Please."

"Tell me for the last time that it's over," she continued, ignoring me. "Tell me you don't love me anymore."

"Michelle," I repeated.

"Close your eyes," she instructed. "Just close your eyes."

"I," I was gonna ask why but decided not to instead and closed my eyes. "My eyes are close but... but I can't tell you what you want me to say."

She didn't answered.

I heard footsteps behind me. Soon, two arms were wrapped around me. With my eyes still closed, I felt it starting to water with tears. I miss her touch. I miss her scent. I miss having her around.

I hanged up my phone, still not opening my eyes, as I hear her sobbing behind me. "You should've told me but its okay. I understand. But believe me, I love you. And I still do. I never cheated on you. I can never do that. Everyday I think of you - no one else - always wishing you were with me. I was holding to our dreams and promises."

Sniffing, she continued; "I'll let go. Just tell me you don't love me anymore."

I bit my lips, trying to fight my emotions. I waited for this moment for so long - to be with her again. I don't know, maybe to have some closer about us if she's really in love with someone else - even if it would hurt me a lot.

"Please, Calum," she begged. But I shook my head. She sighed as she let go off me. I can feel her moving and before I even knew it, her lips were on mine. She pulled away; "I love you, Calum. Goodbye."

I felt my tears started to fall. I guess this is it then, this is how I let her go. I could have said I still love her. I could have held her hands and tell her everything I didn't said.

But i didn't.

She's walking away now...

And this might be the last time I'd heard her say those three words.