Dinner

We finished dinner. There were only a few awkward questions. They came from his siblings though.

"Justin. Go get them started on their homework." His mom said.

"Fine" he said. "Come on"

He and his siblings walked upstairs. I saw them all walk up together and I smiled.

"So, I heard you got suspended." She said.

I looked at the table nervously.

"Yes, that's true." I said.

"Why?" She said.

"For punching this guy in the face." I said, and then blushed.

She laughed. "Nice"

"Why did you punch him? Just felt like it?" She laughed.

"No..actually. I did it because he said he was going to punch..Justin." I looked at her face.

Her face got all contorted.

"What, why?" His mom said.

"He thought that me and Justin were like dating or something...and he got mad. But I promise, it won't happen again." I said.

"Well, I'm sure he appreciated you punching someone for him." She said.

"Yeah well...I actually..haven't told him why I punched Carter." I said.

"Oh." She said. "I get it."

I smiled.

"I still like you as much as I did before you were suspended." She smiled.

"I also wanted to tell you about why..I stopped talking to Justin in the first place." I said.

"Really..you wanna tell me that. Justin said you said it was a long story." She said.

"It is..I think I'm ready to let one more person know about it. But..I don't really want Justin to know why yet..if that's okay." I said.

"Is you want me not to tell him..I won't." She said.

I smiled and took a deep breathe. Do I really want to tell her everything. Won't that just chase her away. I mean..jessica didn't run away..we're closer than ever.

I don't know..this is his mom. But I've only known her for a week and she already feels like a mother to me.

I started off when we moved here.

-

After I was done explaining the whole thing, I looked at her face. In her eyes I saw hurt for me, something I hadn't seen in anyone's eyes until I told jessica the story also.

Justin came down and her expression changed to a happy one.

"They really didn't want to do homework." He said.

"Okay..thank you so much for dinner. Mrs bieber." I got up and walked towards her. She hugged me.

"It's no problem." She smiled.

I smiled back.

"Justin, walk her out?" His mom said.

"Sure." He said.

I texted jessica to come pick me up and I walked outside with Justin. He closed the door behind us.

"Thanks for inviting me." I said.

"No problem." He said, pulling my in for a hug.

We stayed like that for a while. His hugs were..the best.

"So..ill see you Monday." I laughed.

"Oh..that's right. I almost forgot you got suspended." He said.

I laughed again. Jessica's car pulled up and I walked down the steps. He waited till we drove around the corner to go inside.

"So?" Jessica asked.

"...friends.." I said.

"Are you sure" I heard Dylan's voice from the back seat. I jumped.

"Wha-what the hell are you doing here" I laughed. "You scared me"

"We were practicing our dance moves." He said with a smile.