Shopping!

Selena's pov-

I walked home from school with a smile on my face. Everyone at my old school thought I was a freak and now, on the first day I have 3 friends.

I still don't want them to find out about..me. That'll chase them away.

I haven't been hit for 2 days now. Maybe us moving was the end of him taking his anger out on me. Maybe all my bruises will go away and I won't have to be worried about showing my arms and legs in public.

Maybe.

My dad would be out looking for jobs the next few days and I'm sure he'll want me to get one too.

I didn't have a phone, I only had 5 shirts, 1 pair of shorts and 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of shoes.

I had what I needed. But if I want friends, I want them to stay. I need to have more than this.

Justin's pov-

"What was that all about?" Dylan asked me.

"What?" I said.

"You couldn't keep your eyes off her, seriously..if I would've known better I would've thought you two were in a staring competition or something." Dylan said.

"Psh..shut up." I Said.

"No, you shut up." Dylan said. "What is it with this girl that you find so..interesting."

"I don't know..she's really pretty, to start off with. She has..the best smile-really pretty eyes.." I said.

"Okay hotshot, slow your roll. You just met her." Dylan said.

"Yeah but, because of her I'm exited to go to school tomorrow." I said.

"Oh, thanks..and here I thought you were happy to see me this morning." Dylan said.

I didn't answer. I was thinking about her now. I was really looking forward to tomorrow, I want to get to know her more.

"Hello? Earth to Justin." Dylan said.

"What?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Okay, fine. Next time, I won't stop you...I'll just let you walk right into the pole." Dylan said, he walked across the street towards his house.

I started thinking about her again. Why do I find her so..interesting.

-

I woke up the next morning and found myself trying to look better than I did yesterday.

"It's all about swag Justin. You got this." I said to myself.

I walked through the door with dylan again and immediately scanned the room for the beautiful girl I had been looking forward to seeing.

I didn't see her.

The bell rang.

I walked into the class with dylan and we sat down. Selena came in a few minutes later. I smiled.

She saw me and walked over towards me and sat down next to me.

"Hey Selena." I said.

"Hi" she said sheepishly.

"Okay class..today we will be learning about.." I zoned off.

The bell rang.

I went to my next class without Selena but saw her at lunch.

She was sitting alone again. I walked over to her.

"You know you can sit with us over there, right?" I said.

"That's okay." She said.

"Well, then I guess I'll just sit here with you then." I scooted closer.

Jessica sat down with us.

"Okay, I got my mom to give me her credit card..we're going shopping after school." She said.

I looked at Selena, trying to figure out what she'd say.

"..okay." She said.

I smiled again. Damnit. This is embarrassing now. Just hearing her voice makes me smile.

When dylan saw jessica over here, he soon came to join us.

"Hey jessica." Dylan said.

"Hi..dylan." She said.

-

After school was over I saw jessica and Selena walk off together.

Selena's pov-

Jessica found me after school and we drove to the..mall, I think she said.

We first went into PINK. I didn't get it, nothing was pink. We went into the fitting rooms and she found out my waist size and basically everything I needed to know.

She picked out some shirts for me, I liked them..so she got them for me.

"Are you sure it's okay that I'm using your money." I said.

"Yea..honey I only use my moms credit card on emergencies. This is an emergency." She said nicely.

We walked into hollister and she picked out some jeans.

She brought me 5 colors of jeans. She didn't look like she was going to leave the fitting room.

"It's okay, we're all girls." She said.

I really didn't want to, I had a lot of bruises still on my legs. But, I guess I have to start this friendship somewhere.

I slid my pants off and when she saw my bruises. She looked as hurt as I did when I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Sorry, you can just come out when your done." She left and..to be honest, she surprised me with the way she reacted. I was happy.

I put on the jeans and walked out.

"Damn..turn around." She said. I turned around.

"Sel,..you never told me you had an ass. Wow.." She said. I smiled. "Bring out the rest of the pants."

I did as she said. I changed back into my regular pants and we walked up to the front and bought the pants.

For the next few hours we just wondered around the mall and bought more shirts and some pants. She bought me 2 pairs of shorts even though I said I really didn't need them.

"I wanted you to buy these because..after your bruises go away. I want you to be confident in yourself. Show your legs off." She said.

I slightly smiled.

"Thanks." I said. "For all of this."

"No, thank you..for showing me more than you were comfortable with." I said. "I think we are going to be..really good friends."

My smile was HUGE by now