Chapter 18

I wake up early and walk to my bag. I grab an outfit to go back riding today. I walk to the bathroom and take a quick shower and blow dry my hair putting it in a braid.

I get dressed and exit the bathroom. I walk to my night stand and grab my phone. I write a quick note saying that I was going out for today and probably wouldn't be back till that after noon.

I leave the note next to Autum's bed and leave closing the door quietly. I walk to the elevator and board it riding it to the lobby.

I walk into the lobby and scan the area. I spot a group of boys and think to myself. Wow they get up earlier than I thought.

I put my head down and walk past them. I walk outside and back to the riding place.

As I walk up Cody walks over. "So, you came back." He says. "I told you I was." I say.

"Well then, my sister should be here in another hour so you can go ride around if you want." He says stopping in front of Twilight's stall.

"I think I will." I say opening her stall and leading her out. "Alright, well I'll leave you to her, other people are showing up." He says and walks off.

I put the saddle on her and get on. We walk out the stables and into the pasture.

I kick her a little to get her to start running and we take off into the woods. I lead her back to the cliff we found yesterday and instead of jumping over it I get off Twilight and tie her to a tree. I sit with my back up against the tree and stare at the woods on the other side.

After a couple minutes, my phone stares going off non-stop. I answer it.

"Where the hell are you?" Nash's voice says. "I'm having a day to myself so just fuck off." I say and end the call.

"For such a young girl you have a big and colorful vocabulary." A voice says behind me. I look to see Cody riding up.

"Thanks, I try." I say. He laughs and I get up. "My sister is here so I came to find you." He says. "Alright." I say getting on Twilight after untie ing her from the tree.

"Race ya." I say as me and Twilight take off. "It's on." He says and races after us.

We break into the pasture and I push Twilight a little harder and we win. "You just got you ass kicked by a girl. You seriously suck." A girl says once he catches up.

"I'm guessing she is your sister." I reply. "Hi, I'm Mia." She says. "Hey, I'm Nadia." I reply.

"Oh Cody, dad wants you." She says. "Alright. See ya." He says getting off the horse.

She gets on and we both turn around. We start walking into the pasture and just talk. "So are you like dating my brother or?" She questions. "No, I have a boyfriend and trust me, it's not him." I say and we both laugh.

"What about you? Do you have a boyfriend?" I ask. "Yes it's my brother best friend." She replies. Before either one of us could say another word I hear,"Nadia!" I turn to see Nash and everyone else on horses running to us.

"Goddammit! Follow me." I say. I take off running and Mia follows me. I run towards the cliff and I push Twilight a little harder and we clear the gap.

Mia does the same and we take off running into the woods on that side. After a while we stop and I look behind us.

"Let me guess. That's your brother and his friends." She says. "Big time." I say. "He will eventually catch up to us so when you hear hooves coming closer to us, just take off running an follow me. I know this side pretty well." I add.